Question regarding suite amenities

Janet S.

I have recently booked a sky suite for my family and a concierge class cabin for my parents for the Century's British Isles sailing on May 17, 2007. I noticed when looking at the amenities with the concierge cabin that there are three items not listed under the amenities for the sky suite (or the penthouse or royal suites). The three items are the Hansgrohe® showerhead, VIP invitations to events and preference on shore excursions. Can anyone who has had a sky suite tell me if they have received these "perks" and that this is just an oversight on Celebrity's website. Thanks,

There are some querks. The showerheads are different and you don't get the fresh flowers. I can't tell you that there are any VIP events of note that "suite people" are not also invited to, but I don't recall any on the Constellation in April. As for priority for shore excursions, it is the same. But why wait when you can book now and then cancel with about 24 hours before the tour and have the money refunded?

SUITES ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY ON CELEBRITY

Book concierge class. You get fresh flowers, not plastic ones, you do not have a worthless butler to tip, towels do not have holes in them....get the picture. The suites are a joke, except for more space.

We were on the Constellation in February and stayed in a Sky Suite. The flowers and fruit basket were always fresh.

Our butler was fabulous. He brought us complimentary glasses of champagne and cappucino whenever we called him. He also served a full formal tea with pastries and hors d'oevres every day. We requested Sushi and shrimp cocktails and they were always in the room before dinner.

We were invited to a luncheon and formal tea in the alternative restaurant. There was priorty check in and a special lounge where we could wait with refreshments on disembarkation day.

It's really a matter of what is important to you.

Cruiselover 20 obviously has had a bad experience. Just returned from Summit 14 day to Hawaii. Celebrity Suite. Wonderful butler, Arless. Had cookies, tea and sandwiches every afternoon. Then we switched to shrimp on the return portion of the trip. Arless even loaned us his personal adapter.

Had beautiful fresh white roses along with the plastic. Plenty of towels with no holes. Asked for the egg carton mattress pad and was received immediately. This was the third suite we have had on Celebrity and each time has been a joy. Especially enjoyed breakfast in the Normandie before debarkation. (same on the Constellation) We enjoy the extra room. Although we don't always utilize the butler to the fullest. Love having the separate bedroom so nap time isn't a problem. Would we do it again? Yes, in a minute. (Hawaii was a bit pricey, but we needed the treat). Best thing is to look for a repositioning cruise if you want to try a suite for the first time, Prices seem to be more reasonable.

Galaxy Sky Suite

No Hansgrohe® showerhead

No fresh flowers

No "complimentary glasses of champagne" except for the bottle received upon boarding

Yes Suite/Priority Check-in

Yes VIP invitations

Yes Priority Tender Service in Ports

Towels were fine, but I do not believe they were THE CC towels

Yes a very obliging butler-- standing request for capuccino each morning was never forgotten, but did not offer extra service such as sushi or shrimp, requested hors doeuvres Xmas Eve were a Cheese & Fruit platter- no canapes, no shrimp cocktail, no Sushi (dh went down & got his own each evening). Tea delivered timely each day around 4. Canapes? What canapes? Had them the first day, but no tea. Never were offered canapes again. Yes, if we had requested them we more than likely would have received them. Just don't feel comfortable making those kind of requests knowing that there are a lot of VERY demanding people that he is also taking care of. This after seeing a woman screaming at him in the hallway, demanding this that and everything but the kitchen sink, 2 hours after we were in our suite. He was a nice guy. We were nice :) in return.

There are many many threads in this forum regarding the pro's and con's of booking a suite on Celebrity and also booking a suite vs. concierge class. We booked the suite for the extra space, but with the exception of the butler and free capuccino, believed the amenities of the concierge class were much better. If you perform a search on the forum you will see a 100 differing opinions.

We booked a sky suite primarily for the extra room for a long cruise. We reserved in advance, so also got one of the HUGE balconies on deck 12. According to the Celeb website, the balcony alone is larger by 2 or 3 feet than an entire CC class room. We had no flowers - plastic or otherwise. We asked for a egg crate and received it. We had a massaging showerhead -- but not a Hansgrohe. It did, however, manage to clean my body just fine! :) We brought our own toiletries as we are brand particular. Butler was accomodating, but we did not book this room to recieve his services. He brought us a HOT breakfast on our balcony several times, as requested. Bucket of ice and fresh drinking water were brought twice a day. Towels were replaced (it seemed) as soon as they hit the floor. Room was immaculate. Snacks were brought each afternoon, and we had a fresh fruit bowl that was kept full. No menu of pillows, but we asked for a couple extra and they were provided in a heartbeat. For a longer cruise, bring some wire hangars from home. We had to ask for more, and there still were not enough. Granted, we over packed -- but I don't think it would have been enough even if I been more wise with my clothing selection. We would love to get a sky suite next cruise, but for the extra room and larger balcony, not the amenities.

Thanks to all who replied. We are three adults so we did reserve the sky suite for the "extra" space. I think that we will be fine with the cabin and do not expect as most have indicated that we will be demanding much from the butler. For nine nights we thought the extra space was important. For my parents, the concierge class cabin is fine for them. We will be grateful that we are all together. Thanks again for the help.

Archived