Changed from NCL to XInfinity

BlondyX

:) Hi Everyone.

I am going on my first Alaskan cruise in August. This has been a lifelong dream for me so I was determined to book just the right cruise. My "divorce present" to myself. I read endless reviews and booked on the NCL Sun. This will be my third cruise but the first for the friend who is going with me. I was willing to try NCL's freestyle but was worried the service wouldn't be as good as it is on the traditional cruises and I wanted her to get the true cruise experience. Then, I read that if you don't have either a Glacier Bay or Hubbard cruising day, you'd be missing out on one of the best parts of an Alaskan cruise. My NCL intinerary did not. SO, I have changed to Celebrity's Infinity on August 13th. I have a CC cabin with a balcony and am counting the days. I guess I was just hoping to get confimation from all of you that I have made the right choice. Thanks in advance for your input.

Juli

Thanks for the congrats! Was way overdue.

I meant the Cruise. I have heard so many great things about Celebrity, and reading these boards that is just reinforced. I did give up an aft balcony mini suite on NCL though. But the glacier crusing was very important to me.

We cruised on the Infinity last February and it was the best cruise ever!! We have travelled on other cruiselines but this is by far our favorite. The ship is beautiful, the service is great and the food phenominal!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise because you are travelling first class!! Have fun!! Greg

We also cruised the Infinity this past Feb and I agree--great choice!!

You have definitely made the right choice. We cruised to Alaska in September on the Infinity and had a fabulous time. We went to the Hubbard Glacier and it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Carol

We were on the Infinity in January and had a Concierge Class cabin. You will Love it!! The service was incredible! The extra perks, in CC Class, were well worth the upgrade (for us). We had 20 people cruising with us and we all had a great experience. The food in the dining room was wonderful! Enjoy!

We cruised to Alaska on Infinity last June. That was an incredible cruise. The captain was very daring & took us really close to Hubbard Glacier. This was one of those once in a lifetime experiences. Infinity is a great ship! We have since taken 2 other Celebrity cruises, & are struggling with the idea of taking an NCL cruise to Hawaii. You've made a great decison! Enjoy!!! :) We're wishing we were taking Infinity to Alaska once again. :(

ETA:

Hi, Ed & Jacque,

Hope we get to sail with you guys again sometime soon. Hopefully, next time we'll get to spend more time together. Ken & Tammy :)

ETA:

Hi, Ed & Jacque,

Hope we get to sail with you guys again sometime soon. Hopefully, next time we'll get to spend more time together. Ken & Tammy :)

We agree!:)

You have definitely made the right choice. We cruised to Alaska in September on the Infinity and had a fabulous time. We went to the Hubbard Glacier and it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Carol

Carol: We are booked in an RS on Infinity for the 10 night cruise out of Vancouver, embarking on 9/3/2006.

Since you took the same cruise in September, both myself and my DW would love to hear your comments on what clothes to pack for the cruise based on your experience. This is our first cruise to Alaska and first cruise on a M class vessel and we are very excited - just a little over three months to go!!!

Thank you for any comments or advice you might like to give us.

Archived