Contact for Complaint.. Any Guidance Please

blackpool uk

On the 14th FEBRUARY we had to cancel our South American cruise on 'Millie' 36 hrs before departing the UK due to a sudden but serious family illness.....a booking made 16 months before in a Concierge cabin.......we have been with Celebrity several times before and had a good experience.

For the last three months I have been 'struggling ' to get a cancellation invoice to assist my insurance claim.......My travel Agent has been helping and so far we have had 7 Invoices..........all wrong!!

We would like to have taken a well earned break ......even with celebrity but are dependant upon the repayment of a large sum of money. We are already booked in Oct on Constellation in a Royal Suite and even the suggestion of cancellation doesnt seem to provide any response.

The Company of course received full payment and now 3 months on we are no nearer to resolving this.......Any suggestions as to a specific name or office to send to?? Thanx

Chris and Sheila

If you cancelled 36 hours prior to departure, you are in the 100% penalty phase.

When I cancel bookings with Celebrity I am given a cancellation number. I can also view cancelled bookings in any of the three GDS (reservation) systems I use.

I can also print from these three reservation systems.

What I send to insurance companies on behalf of my clients is a printout from Cruisingpower (Celebrity's reservation system) and the cruise/air tickets.

I don't know why your agent is having such difficulty.

Good point....to blackpool...have you spoken with the head of the travel agency yet....7 times and not a correct invoice after paid in full? Even still your final payment(s) receipts...credit card...cancelled check....ought to be good enough to get things going for travel insurance....

Thanx again for the additional ideas. the Insurance company already have our receipted invoices and even a cancellation invoice from the TA it seems they are insisting on the one from Celebrity........am wondering if in the UK its not as easy to 'print off' as your US system appears to be.

Am certainly intending to pursue this....... its just sad that we could have taken another holiday when after all that has happened we really needed it and am so saddened that Celebrity ....who I believed to be a better Company have I feel let us down........after all the liklehood is they would have got the money on another booking, always remembering they have not in any way been out of pocket with all this.

Chris

Archived