1st Cruise - 7/1/06 - Ecstacy

Sunnytlc

My company surprised me and my 10 yr old son by sending us on the 7/1/06 Ecstasy cruise after completing a huge project. Needless to say, we are super excited! This is our first cruise and our first real vacation together, not to mention our first trip to Mexico (weather permitting!). Been reading through a lot of the reviews and learning so much. One question I have - are kiddos invited to the dinners / formal night? Also, we are scheduled to stop in Cozumel and Progresso...any personal feedback on the excursions? I've read all the promotional info, but would appreciate any personal glimpses. Would love to do some snorkeling or snuba and definitely have some beach time. :) Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

You son will have an seat at your assigned table. From what I've read most kids would prefer to do the kids' club thing, but force him to do at least one regular and one formal night. :D He is expected to follow the dress code, though you'll find lots of debate on the main Carnival boards about that.

Can't help on the expeditions since I usually don't do them. There is a "ports of call" section on the board which is specifically devoted to those topics.

Also, if it is the two of you traveling w/o dad you will need documentation that your son has permission to leave the country. There are occasional threads on that on the main Carnival board as well.

Thanks! Since my son has developed his palette way beyond chicken nuggets and the like, he'll wear anything for salmon, calamari and lobster! :)

Yep, I've got the custody papers all lined up ready to go and will have the notrized letter from his Dad so hopefully, we won't have any issues with that once we get down there.

How's the A/C level on the ship? Do they freeze you out in your rooms?

Does anyone have preferred methods from getting to Galveston after we land in Houston? Been looking at the shuttle lines.

Archived