Hotel advice in Cape Canaveral

tktktk

Hi All,

Leaving for a cruise in June on from Canaveral. Any advice on hotels? Have a reservation at the Radisson that includes parking and it looks nice. Appreciate any advice/experiences, etc... Thanks!

Am wondering the same thing without much success on the hotel boards.

I am leaving in June also, if you don't' mind what rate did you get at Radisson?

I tried priceline for as much as 90.00 and NO luck. Going for 100.00 tomorrow!

thanks,

We stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach which is only about a 5 or 10 minute drive from the port. They had a great beach there and really enjoyed it and the price was very reasonable. It is right up the street from Ron Jon's surf shop. If you have no car, you'd have to check to see if they will shuttle you to the ship, but it's very close. In fact when we woke up Sunday morning, we could see the Mariner in the distance!!!

Have a great cruise!!

We stayed at the new Marriott Residence Inn at Port Canaveral when we went on our cruise April 2nd. It was very nice. It is next to the Radisson. If you ever look at the Radisson web cam to see the Mariner, then you are looking at the back of the Marriott.

We had a 2 bedroom suite. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a den and full kitchen. We loved it.

I thing we had a rate of about $150.00 per night give or take a little.

They had a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning...really good waffles.

You can also leave your car there and take a shuttle to the port for $4.00.

We took our luggage over to the port, and my husband and brother took the cars back and took the shuttle back over, and did the same on the return trip...worked out great.

What is the parking like? Was it secured? When did you leave the hotel for port? I was told they leave at noon, which is later than I want. I was quoted a $6 per person round trip for shuttle.

The parking was just a parking lot at the hotel...but we didn't have any problems.

We took our luggage over at around 10:15, and my husband and brother were scheduled for the 11:00 shuttle, but were back over to the port before 11:00.

It was $4.00 a person when we went in April, but they could have gone up.

This was by far the nicest place we have stayed when cruising out of Port Canaveral.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Radisson this past February. It was OK for one night, but a bit dated. I doubt we would stay there again. We ate at their restaurant and I wouldn't recommend it. It was fairly expensive and the food was pretty flat. You couldn't beat it for convenience though.

We are trying the Inn At Cocoa Beach in August.

$175 per night for a family of four - Two double beds.

The rate includes a free wine & cheese reception...

Free Continental breakfast with fresh homemade muffins, etc. etc.

Free parking while cruising...

Free transportation to and from the pier

They got very good reviews on tripadvisor.com

We stayed at the Radisson in '04 and loved it. However, anything down by the port will be expensive. If you are renting a car, there are less expensive options in Orlando. We needed a suite for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. The Radisson was $171. In Orlando, I found a comparable room at the Hawthorn inns for $109. As for car rentals, we've used Budget as they are near the port and have a free shuttle.

We are staying at the Radisson in August. Flying into Orlando and found Cocoa Beach Shuttle will pick us up at the airport, take us to the hotel, and pick us up at the port for the return trip to Orlando. The cost is $150 round trip for four. RCCL transfers was $200 for our group, however their busses left the airport at 2:00pm, renting a car and parking it for 4 days was $190. So we will stay at the Radisson, have been there before and enjoyed it. Though we did not eat there, the prices did seem high to me. We are on the first shuttle that leaves for the port at 11:30.

Polish, you will like the Inn, I stay there for the July 4th fireworks. It's at a good part of the beach plenty of outdoor bar/grills with outdoor bands, and new board walk. If you have time rent bikes and ride to the pier and PC, nice bikes paths all the way.

I prefer the Marriott Courtyard. They also offer parking for the cruises. I have tried the Radisson twice and both times it was not up to my expectations and I don't expect much.:) I found the place dated and the rooms smelled very musty. Did not feel clean.

Don't stay at the Radisson or any other hotel using the Radisson shuttle to the terminal for the convenience of the shuttle. You will be very disappointed. We stayed at the Quality Suites park and cruise package and used the shuttle from the Radisson. You actually park at the Radisson in an open lot to the left of the hotel and use the shuttle. The shuttle to the terminal wasn't a problem--trying to get back that was the problem. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes in 100 degree heat and no shuttle. We made numerous calls to both hotels and were told that they were running every half an hour. We finally took a taxi at $5 a head to the hotel and got our car. There were about 20 more people that did the same thing. It was not fun. I don't have any complaints about our room at the Quality Suites. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice it was.

• 2 weeks later...

The MarriottResidence Inn sounds perfect for our family of 5, pre cruise. Does anyone know if it is within walking distance to a beach or any restaurants. We won't have access to a car because we are using a shuttle.

Thanks.:)

I just returned from staying there. You could walk to either, but a bit far about a couple of miles. I would recommend a taxi.

We got a one bedroom with two queen beds with "living area" having a hide-a-bed for $129 per night.

Archived