Shopping in Seattle (music related)

Hi everyone! My son (16) is really into the whole Seattle music scene (past and present). I wanted to know where I could find some great t-shirts, posters, etc. of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain or Jimi Hendrix, etc. while we are staying in Seattle pre-cruise next weekend. Does there happen to be anything close to Pike Place Market or Seattle Center? That's where we will be closest to with our sightseeing. I wanted to surprise him with some cool stuff!:D

Thanks!

Pike Place Market has a large number of shops in the market itself and in the surrounding area with a selection of music-related shirts. If you get off of the main level and go below a level or two, you'll find a great selection of all sorts of stuff, including music paraphanelia. If you don't see what you want there, you can always try the EMP (Experience Music Project) museum at the Seattle Center, especially for Jimi Hendrix shirts.

Sheri

I appreciate the info.....it's been so long since I have been to Pike Place Market I wasn't sure about everything that was available there. We will definitely check it out! I see you are sailing this weekend as well. Have a great cruise!:D

I was going to suggest EMP too, they have a gift shop there but I'm not sure if it's all just EMP-logo stuff, I haven't been in there in a long time. The area north of Pike Place along like 1st & 2nd avenues, called Belltown, used to be the epicenter of the Seattle music scene back when Nirvanna and those guys were becoming big, and SubPop Records (the lable that had a lot of those bands) was headquartered there, but now they've moved over to 4th avenue now. But there are still some good shops for music-related stuff in Belltown.

Archived