How long from Belize municipal airport to cruise terminal?

Middleager

Hi.

I'm considering doing a trip to San Pedro for scuba diving

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/tours.html

If I take a 2pm flight from San Padro to Belize municipal airport (gets there 2:17pm), how long will it take from the airport to get to the cruise terminal? I'll need to catch the last tender at 2:30pm back to the Carnival Miracle (Aug. 31).

I can take the 1pm flight which gives plenty of time, but would really like to stay at San Pedro a little longer if I can make it with the 2pm flight.

Or has anyone taken the 2pm flight out of San Pedro and make it to cruise terminal in time?

• 3 weeks later...

I think you'd be cutting it a little too close but if you don't mind the adrenaline rush! Though it was 2 or 3 years ago DH and I flew to San Pedro and on the way back it might have taken 10 - 15 minutes - I'll verify with DH when I speak to him... It wasn't that it was far but it was traffic. You don't have to book your tickets for the flight now just wait until you get there. Time the taxi ride to the airport and also ask the driver what he thinks AND MAKE SURE you tell the driver to pick you back up and at what time. The airport is just outside of the town and taxis aren't just hanging out there to pick folks up. In fact we had 2 or 3 people trying to use our taxi that we had waiting for us.

we have been looking at the snorkel tour.got replies from two tour groups .

For us they say that there will be plenty of time to make our ship(carnival Valor 5pm. depatrure) if we use the 2pm flight. They claim that it is a 20 min. trip. We plan for a min of 40mins.

Ask the driver who takes you the the airport to pick you up.

Paul

Sailing 26 Nov.2006

The tour company said we'll fly back on the 1pm flight. That'll ensure we have plenty of time, and can get to see a little of Belize City.

In this tour they take care of the whole package, including transportation to airport, then on the way back, also transportation from airport to cruise terminal. I guess they also have to make sure their customers don't miss the ship.

Archived