Constellation and kids

Hi, We are planning on taking our kids (8 & 10) on the Constellation 10 night ultimate caribbean. They have sailed before on Royal Caribbeans' Jewel, and loved Adventure Ocean. Can anyone compare the Celebrity program with the Jewel? I assume there is no water slide, but Cirque de Soleil will make up for that! I can't find any pictures of the kids area online anywhere. Any advice you can give will be a big help.

Thanks,

Kim

I'm not so sure Cirque de Soleil will make up for lack of a water slide! We just took the Summit (same M class ship) to Hawaii and saw Cirque de Soleil. There were mixed reviews from the passengers. I really liked it, some that had seen the full blown version did not - probably because it's only about a 40 minute show for one night. They've talked about expanding the show, but not sure if they will have by the time you get on board.

Both of our cruises have been 2 weeks during times when school was in session, so there have been a lot less kids. There were, however, a lot more kids on the Hawaii cruise than Alaska. They seemed occupied, but I have no information on the quality of the activities (we're DINKS), or how it compares to RCCL. Also, there is the thalassotherapy pool on the M class ships, but it's for 18 years and older I believe.

We have not been on RCCL so we cannot compare it with Celebrity although you will not find any of RCCL's signature facilities on Celebrity (e.g. rock wall, ice skating rink, roller skating track, mini-golf, and now--the Flowrider).

Still, our kids have enjoyed the on board children's program each time we have sailed on Celebrity. We were on Constellation's sister, Infinity. Here are some photos we took of Infinity's kids facilities: Infinity Kids Program

Also, here are pix of the kids facilities aboard another sistership, Summit, taken by another passenger: Summit Fun Factory

Thanks for the info and the great links. I guess that my main concern is during the hours that the program isn't open, is there enough for them to do that is kid-friendly. On Jewel there was a pool area designed just for the kids. It wasn't deep, but it had the slide. (Adults were turned away unless they were with a kid). It kept them out of the main pool area, and away from guests who may not want to deal with kids on their vacation. As for the other RCI stuff, we don't really use the rock wall or the rink so we don't mind not having those. We were also travelling during non kid times (late Septamber), so there were about 20 kids in the program, it seemed perfect. We got to know all the other kids and their parents, and ran into them often on the islands. We have family who have taken Celebrity with their son and loved it, so I think we are headed that way. Good to know about the Cirque de Soleil being a little different than the on shore version.

Thanks again for the replys!

Kim

You will find for the most part that the children's program is open when you need it. Celebrity doesn't have any kid only pools (except for some wading pools on the Mercury/Galaxy) like you describe on RCCL.

Archived