Laundry on board-great resource

bravemom

I've always taken laundry tablets on our vacations for the small loads I need to run. I had run into a problem recently locating the Purex Brand in local stores. In surfing the net I located the Dial Home Page and found I can purchase the prewrapped tablets on-line. Here however is something else I found-there are a couple of companies that sell to the public cases of the laundry mat style detergents, fabric softeners, etc.-both liquid or powder. On many of them the unit price worked out to about 30 cents a load. Now I know my husband's reaction would be "why are you ordering a case of 100 boxes of detergent"-but when I cost it out at being $1 a pc. on the ship, at a time share or camping facilities, it works out that I end up with 60 additional washes for the cost of the initial 30!

It stikes me that this would also be a useful/unique gift for a college student (sure saves on the quarters!).

I noticed them in the supermarket today- 24 tablets for about $4.25. I've decided I'd rather just buy it on board and save the weight. We are doing a land tour so we'll have more clothing than for just a 7 day cruise. Sounds like a good idea for times we only do a cruise!

I actually hold onto those "free" samples you can get either in the mail or at supermarkets for such purposes. Already prepackaged, measured and wrapped...what could be better than that? (and free to boot:). Currently have one mini-box of Tide and one of Ivory Snow (for delicates) that I plan to pack...along with a couple of dryer sheets from home!

Archived