Down Comforter Allergy: GREAT JOB Carnival ! Kudos!

I was worried about the "down comforter" precruise as I am allergic.. NO problem!

My ta alerted special services before the cruise

As soon as I went to my room, saw the room steward

The head room steward guy stopped by and asked if the room was ok, were my allergies ok, if needed they can deep clean the room? Meanwhile, my nice room steward Akung removed the down comforters from the room, and put nice navy acrylic blankets on both beds...so if you get a room with a smoke smell or something, don't worry, they are there for you! My cabin was fine with the removal of the down comforter, but if I was more "super allergic" the deep clean would have been a real help!

I did tip the steward $5 extra for his trouble

The non allergenic polyester pillows and the mattress are a dream...so comfortable! The beds are wonderful!

Nice touch>> at first night dinner, a lady from special service people came over to my table to ask if I also had any food allergies, I dont ..just allergic to down, feathers, wool (and yeah, cigarette smoke LOL)...but that was wonderful of them!

Even if you did not call ahead, your steward can get rid of the feathers for you I am sure! Every cabin has some extra blankets, they have plenty of acrylic blankets onboad haha!These people are here to please you, they simply do a wonderful job!

I also noticed that many dishes were marked with warnings for common food allergies on the buffet, and for those with severe allergies, they will work with you. The special needs people

I was totally impressed by Carnival's attention to detail! Kudos Carnival!

Archived