what ship is this?

bandgbasset

hi everyone:

just got back from a week's vacation on the california coast in bodega bay. our dogs are 10 now and we've decided just to do land vacations with the "fur kids" for awhile, just don't want to board them. of course i'm still addicted to cruise critic.

anyway we were at the point reyes lighthouse on Friday, May 12 at about 3:15 p.m., lo and behold, what do we see but a cruise ship :D . didn't think i'd see one of those for quite awhile.

i had my binoculars, but it was too far away to see what ship it was. so i was just wondering if anyone knew what ship this was, probably had just left san francisco.

thanks for your help.

dave and gerry

There were two or three ships calling in San Francisco Friday (don't recall which ones the Chron listed in the Shipping News), but it is the time of year they are staging through San Francisco, while they work their way North for the Alaska season.

My guess is that it was Cruise West's Yorktown Clipper, soon to be renamed Yorktown Spirit. I work part-time in SFO for Cruise West, and on Friday worked to disembark a group of guests who had sailed in SF Bay. The ship was dead-heading north to Seattle to begin her Alaska season, leaving Redwood City around noon on Friday.

Betsey

Archived