Curves 6-week program?

Cruisin'40

Aparently it is an excercise program where they make the most of a small amount of time. For example they will have you do weight training for different muscle groups without the 30-60 seconds break in between reps you would do at a traditional gym. You just go from exercise to excercise. It is only supposed to be a 30 minute work out. They have some sort of eating plan too.

I remember heaing good things about it on various forums but have not tried it myself so I can't recommend it.

My sister and I went to curves in October 2003 and did very well for one year - she lost about 60 and I lost about 50 - with good eating habbits. last fall we went on 2 vacations and have slipped off our dieting and exercise for 6 months but are getting back on it again.

What is nice about curves is it's women only, it's a 30 minute circuit, doing 10 machines at 1 minute intervals. (One minute on machine, one minute on a pad you walk, run, move on, then next machine for one minute etc).

I found it pretty easy since my weight was so high, some machines were easier than others, but you can work up to more reps as you get more limber and lose weight.

The cost is decent.

I'm currently using a treadmill and dieting, i'll see if it' compares to my Curves experience.

Not that I want to stir up a tempest, but if you are pro-choice, I would do a Google search on "Curves & abortion" before I joined. There are millions of dollars per year being pumped into some shady orginazations by their male founder... just thought the info should be out there.:eek:

My sister and I almost joined, but a friend warned us first, and I checked it out, thank God.

Guest YesitDonna

I have been a Curves member for a couple of years now. I personally loved it. It's easy and you get to meet some very nice woman in your area. I know the weight loss program is a diet and they have some sort of shake. I know some at mine that have done it and not only had good weight loss but are down a whole lot of inches. I have lost 35 pounds and 22 inches.

Side note : if we didn't use or buy things from people because of the religious or political beliefs, we probably would be naked and hungry

• 4 weeks later...
There was a flyer in our paper today and was wondering if anyone knows what type of program it is?

I need to drop a chunk of chub for an upcoming cruise and can't seem to get going!

****Liz****

its an intense workout along with a eating plan for those who want to lose as fast as they can

Archived