M-Class wine lists- reviews and debate sought

jerseyjohn711

Hi folks,

I recently completed the "Windows on the World" wine course in NYC. I'd love to hear from past celebrity cruisers reviews of the wine and champagne available, whether from the standard restaurants or the specialty ones.

Has anyone had any particularly good or bad wines on board? Any suggestions on pairings? (I know the olympic has recommended pairings, and there are sommeliers on board, but i'm interested in hearing from past cruisers.)

How bad is the markup?

Thanks!

I have learned to bring several bottles on with me. I agree that the list is generally "uninspired" for those who truly know and enjoy wine. There are a few bottles on the high end that are special (a nice Chateau Neuf) but I can bring them aboard myself and pay the corkage fee; this is preferable to me.

I prefer meritages overall and there are very few offered.

Hi there-

I would agree with the above comments. If you want to enjoy a good wine experience, bring it with you and pay the corkage. We did and consider it one of the smartest moves we made on the trip. Our cabin steward was great about making sure that the wine arrived in the dining room on time for our seating. (I would leave the chosen bottle on the desk in the morning and he took care of it.) I bought one half dozen nice Bordeaux choices with me in checked luggage. I believe that the wine list is online so you can review it before your trip and make your decisions. Enjoy!!

The wine list is average...give it a 65 out of 100...but the prices are obnoxious. A good wine list at reasonable prices is supposed to be part of the ocean liner ammenities when you cruise. Evidently X has forgotten about hospitality in favor of the X boardroom policy of "FULL GREED AHEAD".

The wine list in the specialty restaurrant on M Class is pretty good...give it an 80 out of 100...but again...way way overblown on the pricing.

Archived