What the heck! Charging for coffee??

mringenoldus

THIS THREAD IS ONLY ABOUT BREWED COFFEE AT THE LOBBY BAR!

Sorry to yell, but it has been clarified over and over in this thread that it does not include coffee from outside this area, including room service delivery.

Not just the lobby bar. On the Island last week, the only "free" coffee was from room service or in the dining room, plus of course the burned motor oil in the Horizon Court. Coffee anywhere else on the ship, including the bar in the Horizon Court, was $1.

I bought a couple of inexpensive ($2.50) insulated mugs from a local coffee shop so I could have coffee to go. We ordered coffee & decaf for 4 from room service so they would bring 2 large pots, then filled the mugs from that. It worked out just fine. The mugs stayed onboard when we disembarked - one less thing to schlep home.

Sorry to yell, but it has been clarified over and over in this thread that it does not include coffee from outside this area, including room service delivery.

Please chill Toto. The thread started out being about coffee at the lobby bar, but since they are charging for it in other areas of the ship, and tea as well, then it stands to reason that those would be mentioned.

Does anyone think they will "hear" us? I mean, my Princess brochure clearly states that "some non-alcoholic beverages" are included in my fare. They charge for soda and juices. Now, for coffee and tea. What's left?

I'm chillin, I'm chillin! ;) I apologized, which is more than most on this board do when they loose their cool.

:) :) :) You were WONDERFUL to apologize Toto! And you truly didn't have to just for bold letters. You are so right about these boards. I was a lurker for the longest time. Afraid to post for fear of getting BASHED :eek:. But, it's just too fun not to join in!

I am really getting miffed about this coffee/tea thing though. I do hope they realize how petty it is and put a stop to it. A fuel surcharge I would TOTALLY understand at this point. But, coffee and tea? Nuh uh.

I'm new to Princess so have never tasted the coffee, but you've all got me worried enough that it's not worth drinking that yesterday I pruchased a B&D Brew 'N Go Deluxe. It brews the coffee right into a stainless steel travel mug. Now I can sit on my balcony every morning and enjoy! I must have my (good) morning coffee!

The Princess people must have been talking with the Hal people. :rolleyes:

Hal is now charging for coffee in a specialty cafe that sounds like this Patesserie some have talked about. It is fresh ground coffee and they charge for it.

Hal's coffee is perfectly fine and I refuse to pay for it in this cafe. I don't care what it is, I consider it nickle and diming.

As far as pasteries go, some ships have charged and others have not. It is not clear if Hal charges for the pastery.

Midimarv...you will need it and don't forget to pack it and the coffee. The alternative is a liquid coffee combined with lukewarm water that sits for 45 minutes to ensure that it tastes as bad as possible...probably to cut down on consuption and save money!. I am doing the same for my Dec. Star cruise.

Of course you tip room service a few bucks when they deliver your coffee, so it's really only 'free free' at the buffet.

Archived