Stockholm Ice Bar

nic

The Ice Bar is great fun - thoroughly recommend it. They will provide you with a fur coat, mittens etc and a choice of drink. Everything is made of ice even the seats and glasses. Take the camera as there are some good photo opportunities.

Marge M

The Ice Bar is just what it sounds like - everything is completely made of ice. It can be found in the Nordic Sea Hotel in Stockholm, Vasaplan 7. Try a Google search on it as you will be able to find photos of it. It is fascinating and a really good laugh. You will be given furry coats etc and then you are taken through a heavyweight temperature proof door into the actual Bar itself. There everything is ice and looks quite beautiful. The bar has a huge choice of vodka & mixers - all different colours which are served in glasses made of ice. Many of the cruise ships offer it as a ship's tour or if you want to visit independently it's only a few metres away from the Arlanda Airport Express train terminal into Stockholm.

BTW there's also an Ice Bar which is pretty similar which has opened in London too - can't remember the street at present.

Have fun,

Marge M

In a word - YES! We're booked on a Scandinavia/Baltics cruise on Navigator of the Seas for next June, and that's going to be a primary port of call as far as I'm concerned... I went there once when I was about 18, and I can't wait to see if it's as fabulous as i remember!

There's a pretty cool (as it were!) shot of the Ice Bar here:

http://www.navigatoroftheseas.co.uk

Go to itineraries - Scandinavia & Baltics - Stockholm :)

Hi

Thanks for the info. Sounds wonderful. Will definitly go. Only problem is we are not going to the Baltic until next year. But I have copied the details so I have the information ready.

Thank again.

Archived