Cabin key / Boarding pass one in the same?

babs-d

Sailing on the Spirit soon - Was wondering if the cabin key is also your boarding pass/charge card etc.? We are a family of five and our travel agent has us assigned in the two cabins different than we want to be. She said just to get it corrected at check in but was wondering if the room key is seperate maybe we can just swap with each other. Any thoughts on this?

Sailing on the Spirit soon - Was wondering if the cabin key is also your boarding pass/charge card etc.? We are a family of five and our travel agent has us assigned in the two cabins different than we want to be. She said just to get it corrected at check in but was wondering if the room key is seperate maybe we can just swap with each other. Any thoughts on this?

Your boarding pass is the same as your cabin key...you recieve (plastic like credit card) at boarding...I don't see why you couldn't swap cabins with your sail mates if you prefer the other's cabin...family, right?...sure sounds like a rational fix-it-yourself to me...just swap key cards...that is, of course...all the charges are being paid by one person anyway...otherwise you'll just need to swap bills before closing out accounts...have a great cruise...don't forget to post your review! :)

You will not be able to swap cards if you are an adult and swapping with a minor....I am assuming DH and DW traveling with 3 minor children to obtain two cabins, one adult was assigned to each cabin.

Our family booked the same way on Spirit and just went to reception desk once on board and each of us obtained room key card for other cabin. I thought it would be a pain carrying two cards, but it was not. I had peace of mind to have access to my boy's cabin and they had access to our cabin (when they wanted to hang out on the balcony:D ).

Have a great trip....you are going to LOVE the Spirit. My boy's were 14 & 16 and they also said this was the best cruise they have been on!!

You can also have your TA straighten this out now and avoid any hassle/confusion.;)

She's getting a commission to do it CORRECTLY:)

We had a party of 6 on our last cruise - 2 different cabins. When we got our documents we decided that we wanted to change who was going to sleep where.

We left it as is until we got to the pier for check in. The lady checking us in at the pier in Seattle said to go to the reception desk once we got on board and they would change it for us.

The reason it had to be changed for us, was the 2 people involved are adults and were on separate credit cards. Also, when you get off/on the ship in port, they scan your card as you leave/return. As they scan the card, your picture pops up....so you want to make sure it is YOU they are looking at!

We did go to the reception desk within an hour or two of boarding and it was completely painless and took about 4-5 minutes.

Hikini:D

Archived