Before and After??

aprils0909

Shiela~I still can't get over your 11 pound baby, oowwwwww!!! :eek: You deserve that tummy tuck after all you have done to get where your at. I would be running there!!:)

Dianne

I'm trying to run there!! LOL I had to save the money up first. ;) I appreciate y'all being so supportive about it. I don't get that from everyone.

Hi All....ok I'm jumping in here ( gulp ) .... I'm 58, 5' 5", 205 lbs, have no idea about measurements ....don't wanna go there....but I'm buying size 18 and I really hate that !!! my cruise is in 338 days and I'd love to be somewhere under 150 by that time...55 lbs in 338 days = 1.19 lbs per week...I know it's do-able....having trouble with that first step :( thanks to everyone for your inspiring stories !!

Mim~You can can do this! And I'm really excited for you because you have made this commitment.You have your goal as I do, our cruise is about the same time to the same place. (mines on princess 341 days) Your birthday is one day after mine we are both 58 ! Plus there's jack!!

Look at Sheila and Lynn and what they have accomplished. We know we will have bad day's but can't give up. I know for myself if I don't get moving I won't lose. I'm not a gym person but trying to change that. I am going to start water aroebics next week.You being out on the island I don't know if you have a gym but you need to schedule something you enjoy. If I don't enjoy it I know I won't do it. Of course seeing results in anything can change that. I have to work up to the exercise I jumped into the gym last time and wore myself out, so I quit going. Wow, I'm rambling!

Any way You have the mind set, figure out how your going to eat and start. I'm on Weight Watchers flex plan so I do points seems to work pretty well. If I want to cheat I am always looking at how many points it is and is it worth it, Normally it's not.

I know I will suceed this time mainly because I feel responsible to myself. I have the people here to keep me honest and they have all been through it.

Go for it!!!! You can do it!!:)

Dianne

Mim ~ You can definitely do it!! I'm 5'5" and started out at 205 lbs also. I'm now at 142, with 2 lbs to goal. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Smooth ~ I'll have to think about that. LOL I might post them on another site and then just direct y'all in the right direction. ;)

Thank you!!

Janice & Sha ~ If you like, send me your pictures and I'll "put them together" with whatever text you want and then post them for you. I use a graphics software called Paint Shop Pro. You can e-mail me at weirdeyes at hotmail dot com to give me your e-mail address and then I'll e-mail you from my "real" e-mail. Yes, I'm being very cautious. I don't want any SPAM. LOL If you don't want to go that route, I can try to give you instructions on what to do, but if you don't have software that will make a picture file, it won't work. ;)......

Thanks for the offer, Sheila - I'll probably take you up on it! I need to pick out a good (bad:confused: ) before pic & scan it, then have Daan take a good "new" one. I know what dress I want to use too! :p

Thanks, Sha

Hi All....ok I'm jumping in here ( gulp ) .... I'm 58, 5' 5", 205 lbs, have no idea about measurements ....don't wanna go there....but I'm buying size 18 and I really hate that !!! my cruise is in 338 days and I'd love to be somewhere under 150 by that time...55 lbs in 338 days = 1.19 lbs per week...I know it's do-able....having trouble with that first step :( thanks to everyone for your inspiring stories !!

mim - I think it's VERY IMPORTANT for you to get yourself measured ASAP. If you can't bear to know the numbers right now - fine. You should have another person measure you anyway. Have a trainer at your gym measure you, or a trusted friend. Measure against your skin wherever possible. Have the other person write down the numbers & seal them in an envelope for you. In 3 months or so, remeasure and compare the 2 sets of numbers. Then remeasure every 8 wks or so. As people have said here before, sometimes when the scale isn't budging, you'll find another 1/2" lost in your waist or hips, from working out, and that's just as important! But if you don't measure to start with, you'll have nothing to compare to later! :p

You can do this! Don't worry about hitting the "magic" 150. (It's been very elusive to me!) Any weight you lose & fitness you gain will be WONDERFUL & you'll look great & feel great on your cruise in 11 months, wearing WAY smaller sizes than you are now, no matter what the number on the scale is!

Sha

Sha, your so right about the measuring because the inches seem to happen when the scale doesn't move.

Smooth~ I can identify with that also 2 weeks in a row I only lost 1/2 pound the 3rd week it was 4 pounds.

This week I lost 1 so I'm happy.:)

Dianne

WOW What what an inspiration! I have cut carbs and no sugar since March 20th. Preparing for a cruise Sept 15.

Im going to the gym about 4 days a week treadmill, cross trainer, and some resistance weight training.

Started at 162 down to 145 now my goal is 125 hope I make it!!

I tried on a swimsuit back in March and have hail damage on my thighs and backside.

I keep stalling though. Congrats to everyone and wish me luck!

Nothing has been more motivating than this upcoming cruise quess Ill have to plan one every year to stay in shape!!!

Here's my results

Jan 2005

5'9"

size 16/18

weight 199lbs. :eek:

bust 40dd

waist 37"

hips 42"

Wedding dress could barely pull up

May 2006

5'9"

size 10/12

weight 150lbs

Bust 34dd

waist 33"

hips 39"

Wedding dress fits and zips up with a little room to spare

carrieannnn & momofslg - WAY TO GO!

carrie - If you religiously lose the weight & exercise, like you have so far, the "hail damage" :p will definitely be "minimized". (Never heard that term before - very descriptive!)

But if it just won't go away completely, :( you can always buy (or make) some little wraps that match your bathing suit to cover your thighs while you're walking around in your suit. My niece found some great lightweight cotton blend material in a mark down bin - so for $2.00 worth of material + the $8.00 I paid her for her time, I have a cute machine washable skirt-wrap that matches my suit & covers my thighs for a fraction of what it cost in the stores ($25-$50+). Plus it's more comfy, since it has a cotton blend.

Sha

Sha....what a great idea....I personally like the little skirts....they're much more flattering ...at least on my body type....( wide in the hips ) ....I feel another sewing project coming on !! :D

Sha....what a great idea....I personally like the little skirts....they're much more flattering ...at least on my body type....( wide in the hips ) ....I feel another sewing project coming on !! :D

Wasn't my idea about making the wrap - I happened to be with my niece when we were near a store I had heard specialized in formal wear AND cruise wear. We looked at EVERYTHING & found a rack that had wraps & I thought they were cute-looking, but I didn't like the material & definitely didn't like the prices! (Some were as high as $75 for just a rectangle of material with a rolled hem all around :eek: .) My niece said, "Auntie, I can make you 10 of them for that price!" I told her I just might take her up on her offer. When we got home, we told her mom (the queen of discount shopping) the story & she sent my niece to go look in her "remnant stash" & came back with the perfect material! I LOVE it!

Sha

I started my new woe the end of January and at that time weiged 198# at 5-3-1/2" tall.

Co-worker and I started our own little diet club.

I'm 49 and had convinced myself that my body was no longer cabable of dropping pounds. Fooling myself!

I have now lost 23# and weigh 175. I am learning how to eat to maintain when I have to (see my setback thread).

I no longer crave the empty comfort foods. I have cut way back on the refined sugars and white foods. I do still eat past (whole grain) but I measure it before putting it on my plate. Lean protein and lots of fruits and veggies. I aim for 1300 a day to lose weight and 1600 if I'm trying to maintain. My goal is 145#. I no longer care how long it takes because the really uncomfortable pounds are gone.

My next cruise is in December and I'm sure I will be able to share some nice after pics by then.

WEIRD EYES - YOU'RE DA BOMB!!!:D

Mim - I have no idea what the actual content was, but from the feel of it, it's a very lightweight, cotton-polyester blend. (I wash it in the machine on gentle action, with cool water.) And no, I don't wear it in the water (It'd be like a wet t-shirt on my thighs! :eek: ) I just use it to walk around on deck, or on the beach. When I'm sitting in a deck chair or lying down & sunning, off it comes. Since it's a soft material, it's nice to spread out over my towel, so I don't get those terry cloth marks on my thighs -- or my face, when I lay on my tummy! :cool:

If you wanted to make something you could wear into the water, you'd probably need it to have a lot of lycra (like a bathing suit) or be like that sheer (expensive) material I saw on the wraps in the store, that didn't look like it would absorb water. Sorry I'm not being more helpful here!

Mel -- Hooray for you & your friend - it must be great having a diet buddy right there with you.

(all the people here are MY diet buddies! Thanks all!)

Sha

Mim--have you looked into skirtinis? I just bought my first one online and Avenue has a nice selection also (although a bit pricey). You can get one skirt bottom and mix and match tops. They don't gap in the middle if you get the right top--it just looks like a one peice.

I don't remember where you posted about measurements,but if you haven't already taken them do so. I took mine three years ago when I was 183lbs.

I kept them and now when I'm feeling sad because I'm at a plateau I bring out my old stats and look at them. Also I am a great fan of the too tight clothes test. Three years ago DH bought me a warm up suit to take on a cruise, you know one of the suits that are all weather fabric that doesn't stretch. This weekend I tried it on and for the first time (IN THREE YEARS) it fit and I could wear it.

I'm still at 160#, a set point that I've had for probably 4-5 years, on a 5'4" frame. Slowly at a rate of 1 pound a week the weight is coming off and my goal is to stabilize in the 150-155 range to reset my set point. That is still 5 pounds overweight, but even at 160 I feel great but am not going to give in to temptation and stop here.

So try a skirttini--they're great!!

Linda

Sha..thanks for the info on the wrap....I'll check out some fabric shops and see what they have...had a laugh about the wet T-shirt look on the thighs..I know what you mean :eek:

Linda...skirtini sounds like fun...is Avenue an online shop? I like the mix and match idea and the top that actually comes to the waist...congrats on the warm-up suit fitting !! must feel soooooo good !! :D I was impressed by your plan ...that's what I need to do....and thanks for the reminder about the measurements...I've been putting that off....they're now safely recorded and in my journal....my thigh measurement is what my waist is supposed to be !!!! :eek:

Archived