Tanzanite deals?

Melissa_A

Melissa...we just got back from a trip on the Carnival Spirit, where they provide a "super shopper" who gives you a list of recommended stores to make all your purchases at. You are supposed to register your purchases from these stores with Carnival, which in turn, provides a 30-day "guarantee". What we learned, though, is that those stores have to kick back 10% of what they make off cruisers in return for the ship sending them there in the first place. So...in Ketchikan, 3 of us gals checked 3 different stores and ended up at one of them not "on the list", where we got our best deal for small and very beautiful tanzanite earrings. Have someone who is a gemologist at the stores where you shop explain the diffs in color in a tanzanite stone.

Meliss...it's "Spectrum Fine Jewelry" and is inside the mall, near the Lumberjack show area. Check out Diamonds Internat'l" and "Tanzanite Internat'l.", too, for comparison...those two are on the "preferred list". Spectrum is not. : -) And watch for the color of the stone...it ranges from purple (very amethyst'y in some cases) to deep blue.

Okay - I'm going back there....who wants jewelry anyway...fabric is where it's at! COurse I might have to see if DH wants to buy me a birthday and anniversary present whilst in Alaska and your posts could help!!

Archived