? for those back from the Jewel Transatlantic.

hencoll

A couple questions really. I hope you all enjoyed your voyage.:)

What was the Pier # the Jewel docked at in Barcelona? Our documents just state - Moll Adossat (Breakwater of the Port) but no Pier #.

Could you cash Euro Travelers Cheques on board?

Thanks in advance. We only have a few days until we leave for Barcelona and are looking forward to a great cruise.

Hope you get some answers quick! We are leaving for Bacelona on the 27th of May. Did you book air though NCL? When did your travel docs arrive? We received email copies after begging for some details. We're still waiting for official docs. I read that ATMs in Barcelona was the best and cheapest way to get Euros. Check with your bank and/or credit card company about international transaction fees. Apparently, most charge another 1-3% on each transaction. Are you planning to dine in the finer restaurants for the additional $15pp fee? What excursions did you choose, if any. Google "Tom Ogg" if you're thinking about saving on the excursion$. Excellent user-friendly directions to see it all on your own. Have a Blessed Holiday!

All of you on the May 28th sailing, please check the Roll Call Board if you haven't already. One of our fellow cruisers is trying to set up a NCL meet and greet. Look forward to seeing all of you onboard. I'm part of a group of six. Just hope the kinks are worked out by the time we cruise. Sounds like the 4/30 transatlantic crossing might have had a few problems.

Hi there fellow 5/28 cruisers. I am trying to set up the meet and greet and it would be great if you could email me at lorihawkins@surfree.com and give me your cabin #. I would like to set something up for the afternoon of our first at sea day. So far, some on the roll call have responded, but would love to get a big group going so that maybe NCL will kick in something special for us!

See you all soon :D

A couple questions really. I hope you all enjoyed your voyage.:)

What was the Pier # the Jewel docked at in Barcelona? Our documents just state - Moll Adossat (Breakwater of the Port) but no Pier #.

Could you cash Euro Travelers Cheques on board?

Thanks in advance. We only have a few days until we leave for Barcelona and are looking forward to a great cruise.

Hi hencoll...we just got back from our trip on the 4/30 Transatlantic trip. Didn't notice what pier # we were at and it really shouldn't matter as I assume you will not be driving yourself to the pier that day.

Yes, you can cash Euro Travelers Cheques on board HOWEVER there is a transaction fee if you wish to convert it to any other currency ($5.00). If you just wish to cash in for Euros...no problem, no fee.

Hope you get some answers quick! We are leaving for Bacelona on the 27th of May. Did you book air though NCL? When did your travel docs arrive? We received email copies after begging for some details. We're still waiting for official docs. !

Don't hold your breath ;) If you got edocs that is likely all you will get. They

Hi hencoll...we just got back from our trip on the 4/30 Transatlantic trip. Didn't notice what pier # we were at and it really shouldn't matter as I assume you will not be driving yourself to the pier that day.

I don't much care what pier we're at, but can you ballpark the distance to the piers from, say, Placa Catalunya for me? NCL is in no hurry to post the directions to the port on its site, despite the summer Barcelona cruises now being underway. I just want to know how much time to plan for.

Thanks much!

Yes, you can cash Euro Travelers Cheques on board HOWEVER there is a transaction fee if you wish to convert it to any other currency ($5.00). If you just wish to cash in for Euros...no problem, no fee.

Thanks for your response. That is great about the Euro Travelers cheques. We are planning to use ATMs as much as we can but we are carrying a few Euro Travelers cheques for back up. Yes, we are using a car service for all of our transfers but I was hoping for a bit more info to give our driver since I am sure the Jewel will not be the only ship in port that day.

Hey all...we're just back, still unpacking and suffering from severe jet lag. We didn't notice the pier # at Barcelona either, but it really doesn't matter. The port is huge, but there are only a few cruise ship terminals. If you are using a taxi for transportation, be aware that the cabs in Barcelona are small and some if the drivers will gripe if you have a lot of luggage and will even charge extra for it.

The port is at the not far from P. Catalunya, but most streets in Barcelona are one way and you have to weave in and out to get anywhere. Lot's of traffic unless it is a Sunday. P. Catalunya is at one end of Las Ramblas and the port is at the other end.

I will be posting a major review of the trip and post cruise adventure once we rest and get settled.

Here's a hint though.....our cruise was the BEST EVER!!!! :)

Hope this info helps!

Michele

Regarding the Port of Barcelona, they probably have the pier listed in here someplace. Keep in mind that these things do change, so the pier used by the last cruise may not be correct.

For those looking to deal with the May 28th trip, please visit the roll call here.

Like a previous poster stated, the pier is huge, but only a few berths are devoted to cruise ships, just tell your cab driver. If you are staying over in Barcelona pre cruise, have the concierge at the hotel call for a van to take you to the pier, then you won't have any luggage problems no matter how many people or bags you have. We arranged for this the night before we left and again when we stayed post cruise. We spoke with our driver on the way to the pier and arranged for him to pick us up the next week. Coming in from the airport it took two taxis for four people and all of the bags, at about 25 Euro per taxi, the van was 40 Euro.

As for money, we used the ATM's all over, and our credit and debit cards. We were on RCCL, but the cruise desk would take Euro's for payment, but would give you US dollars if you cashed a check or presented bills to be broken down, They did not give out Euros. I imagine that is probably pretty standard practice for American based ships. If you stick with ATM's in all of the ports you will be fine.

Archived