Need info. on places to stay outside of Seattle?

My husband and I and in-laws are flying into Seattle to catch our NCL cruise..We are not particularly interested in touring Seattle, just looking for a decent place to stay one night...would appreciate any suggestions..

Can anyone give us an update on the NC Star and it's accomadations? My husband has never cruised, he's a little hesitant on cruising.:eek:

If our ship sets out at 4:00pm, what time should we arrive to the port?

Thanks for any info...

Happy sailing.......:cool: :eek:

The Marriott at Seatac is nice and has a free shuttle to/from the airport. I recommend it frequently, it's clean, has a nice covered pool, good restaurant. I am not sure exactly what time you should get to the NCL pier, I think I'd be there by 11:00 to get the most out of my cruise day. Once your husband gets past the muster drill he'll be okay. Embarkation is never fun which - once that's over vacation is great!

My husband never, ever, had any desire to cruise, but he immediately fell in love with it. We have taken 4 so far (2 to Alaska) with more in the future. He felt he would be too confined, but soon discovered there is a never ending choice of things to do, places to eat, things to see and experience ---- non stop. We never go to bed before 1 am and are up by 7 am. Just don't want to miss a single thing - esp. sailing Alaska - what an amazing experience. Have a great time. gg Also, I would arrive at the port between 10 and 11 and get in line to board as soon as possible. Once on board early, you have time to find your cabin, unpack, have lunch, and start exploring your ship. Your husband will be so surprised by the sheer size of it. Also, find out if they are offering any tours of the Navigation area of the ship during your cruise. They always use to but since 9/11, security is really tight, so they may not. But the men seem to really enjoy that.

I agree with the suggestion to stay near the airport if you don't plan to sight-see. The Doubletree is also good, although I don't remember it having a covered pool, just an uncovered one.

Archived