How many cruise during summer???

Have been in the summer and though it is much hotter, still nice.. will be in keywest and cozumel in July (I know it will be ridiculously hot)

Have sept, and Oct trips planned as well.. we usually do hurricane season because the rates are so much cheaper.. never have had a problem in leaving ports, missing ports or rough seas.

Only cruised once in the summer...my son and nephew's graduation gift from HS in '95...Would never go in summer again...we usually do late fall or winter..

I see no reason to cruise in summer when the weather is great where we live.. I want to be away when it's cold in NJ...

Too many kids sail in summer and I'm done with that!!!

Although it would be ideal to go in the off-season, we must take our vacation during school breaks because we have children. We always go the towards the end of August - the rates go down at that time, and our kids are still off from school (even though schools in some areas have already gone back). Never had a problem with hurricanes. *fingers crossed* We are flying in 2 days ahead of time and took cruise insurance for our upcoming trip on the Mariner.

We have cruised at Spring Break in 1996 and ran into a storm that became a terrible nor'easter. We also cruised during hurricane season in 2004 and had very calm seas and no hurricanes. My point is that cruising outside of hurricane season does not guarantee you calm seas.

We cruise in September or October because of the cheap rates, because I am off from school, and because there are fewer kids on board. We always get insurance regardless of when we travel (hurricanes in the summer, snow pretty much any other time :rolleyes: ). We have never had a problem, but realize that we might. We try to stay flexible, knowing that we may have to skip ports to avoid storms. We try to fly down a few days early to make sure we can get to the ship (okay, and it's a nice extension to the trip).

my wife and I always go in August...last year Katrina crossed our ships path a week after our cruise ended. It's a risk you take sailing down there that time of year. we're headed to key west and mexico in aug of this year

We try and cruise every April and October. We have run into some hurricanes in October but prices usually take that into account.......

We try and avoid peak times when kids are out of school and it is extremely hot...........

Hurricane Season is all year round now based on the last couple of years. The ships usually go around the storms. Purchase Travel Insurance well in advance if you have concerns.

I don't cruise during the summer. Mainly because the weather is so nice that time of the year I would rather just go on a land trip. I like cruising when the weather is cold and nasty - or in the fall when it's cheaper. This year is the earliest fall one I've taken in a long time.

We go on a big trip now in the summer ever since my daughter started high school three years ago. I find it less pressure not worring about school and it gives us all something to look forward to. We are doing the Eastern this July on the NOS and the med next summer, we have been lucky with the weather so far !!!!!!

During hurricane season I would weigh the choice of ship more and compromise my itinerary a wee bit if I have to. If there is a chance that I will miss a port because of bad weather, I'd rather have an extra sea day on a nice ship and not a 20 year old clunker with fewer amenities. I would still hope to find an itinerary that is enjoyable and fun but if you are concerned about worst case scenarios, then look closely at the ship. However, if you read the the previous posts, the odds are low that a hurricane would hit the exact spot and the exact date you are sailing. But, no one can guarantee the weather.

We usually cruise in early spring or fall or in early Dec, Jan, Feb for the best rates. This year we have booked a short cruise in Aug with family and probably will do another short one in June. We've never had a problem with weather until last Dec where we missed one port and almost missed another due weather stirred up by the last hurricane of the season--that hurricane didn't give up until after Jan 1! Weather can get you anytime or not!

I'm a teacher, so my choices are summer vacation, spring break or Christmas vacation. I've cruised at all three times and a cruise is a cruise so I really don't have a preference.

Summertime sails of us is Europe and Alsaka last summer. And Bermuda early June and late June (berfore huricanne season really begins)

We stay out of the Caribbean during the summer. We can stay home for the humidity.

The kids are sailing more in the summertime.

J

We are so fortunate and can cruise in Jan.and Feb. when it is cold here and I long for warm, blue water. Love to go then. We are breaking over to cruise in Oct. to the Med. this year. Looking forward to Istanbul for pre cruise and the Greek Isles.

I will be cruising for the first time in the summer this coming July. Our cruises in October have had beautiful weather with hot temperatures. This past October we missed Hurricane Wilma in Cozumel by a few days which was kind of scary. The changes in the world's environment have created some unpredictable weather conditions.

We like to cruise in the winter, to get out of the cold weather for a while. We go to Vegas in the spring or fall when the weather is the best there. My company works a 4 day week in the summer, so nice to stick pretty close to home and enjoy the 3 day weekends. Someday would like to go on an Alaska or Bermuda cruise in the summer. But for now cruising will pretty much be a cold weather escape.

Hi

We have cruised twice before in the summer. Both times (once to Bermuda, once to Western) we had great weather... not too hot... hot but no more so than at home. We are going to the eastern this year, in June, and I jsut hope we are lucky again!

Yes there are a lot of children, but last time we went, even with hundreds of kids, they never bothered us once. We were on Mariner... I think the ship is so big, that everyone co-exists quite peacefully!

Archived