Transportation help??????

lgrube5

I need help finding the least expensive, yet reliable transportaion from Orlando airport to our hotel----to Port Canaveral and then from the Port back to the airport. Does anyone know of any hotels that provide transportation from the airport? Is is cheaper to take a cab to and from?

What hotel are you staying at? If it is near Port Canaveral it is much easier to take a cab to the port. We used the shuttle service, which I think every hotel must use the same one, and it was a real hastle. We signed up for a time and when we when the shuttle came there must have been fifty people trying to get on a twenty passenger van. The driver had no idea who was signed up for the shuttle and who just showed up. It really was the worst part of the cruise. However on the return the we took the shuttle back to the airport and it was just the opposite very smooth and pleasant. I think the staggered debarkation helped.

I recommend going with Budget. Avis is less than accomodating with you especially if you're doing a one way from the port to the airport or just getting a car at the airport if a problem arises with the ship getting in too late.

Thank you so much for your replies!

I will check on renting a car that would be so much easier anyway since we are flying in a day early.

I am not sure what hotel I will stay at yet because I was looking for one with free shuttle, Any suggestions????

Do you all book right through the Cruise line? I did and I hope that is the best way to do it.

Thanks again.

• 6 months later...
Easiest and cheapest - rent a car with a one way drop off. Most rental companies offer free pier shuttle service from their drop-offs in Port Canaveral.

I have been hearing how congested getting a hotel shuttle is. We are renting out of Melbourne Airport until the next day of the cruise. I think we will be driving to the rental co and depend on their shuttle to the ship. My question is, how congested is this method of arriving at the ship? :)

Archived