A stroller in Tallinn?

The pictures I've seen of Tallinn show a lot of steps to the Old Town and cobblestone streets--not ideal ground for strollers. We are going to bring a back pack carrier as well to carry the baby in, but he can't nap in that like he can in the stroller so I'd like to bring both.

Are there parts of Tallinn that are smooth enough to use a stroller?

And while I have you here with all the stroller talk, would we be able to bring one on the hop on-hop off busses in many of the Scandinavian cities?

Thanks for any and all info!:D

We found the most interesting part of Tallinn to be the old city which is indeed very hilly and pretty much all cobblestones. We used a lot of steps also. But, very worthwhile to do. Even though my kids have outgrown strollers now, I can see your point, but this is one place you may have to make the sacrifice and keep him in the carrier. If you have a light travel stroller that folds and carries easily, I suppose one of you can carry that where it can't be strolled easily, and then maybe he can nap in it if you stop for lunch. I would think that kind of a stroller could also be fine on the buses. I remember we used to travel with a very compact Combi stroller that could fold and open with one hand - used it a lot on planes (could wheel it right up the aisle), buses and trains. As light as it was, it was also very durable - we still have it after 13 years, many trips and use by several kids.

Archived