Silver Shadow Maitre D

smoothcruiser

What made him leave SS for RSSC. He has been with SS for a very long time. He and Stephano who ran The Terrace were extremely close. Do you know who took over his job on the Shadow.

Cindy

"What made him leave SS for RSSC",,,

as a 30+ year vet of service management,,, i can tell you that it doesn't take much for someone to decide that a change is the right thing to do, regardless of the current situation. So if any of the "fav" employees move from one ship to another, i'm not surprized. Good luck to him.

I remember Paulo well- always great to see him. They told me recently on the Shadow that he had been fired? That seems very strange- he knew the ship and all of us passengers so well. But there are so many new faces nowadays that it doesn't surprise me if the good ones have been fired.

I don't know the young chap at all- it was a Spanish (Portugese?) Maitre d recently and he was very charming. Who are the maitre d's now?

Bob

Paulo, I suppose must be around the 55-60 age group and always struck us as a very proficcient Maitre D, and certainly knew how to handle the ladies!!

He didn't (who would) tell us that he had been fired, but I guess that could be true, as it didnt seem to make any sense to us to change lines and then drop back to Head Waiter after having been the top man for so many years.

There are many Paolo's from Rome and these posts have identified Paolo from both Shadow and Whisper.

The 55-60's smooth with the ladies Paolo is Paolo Vitali, recently on Whisper.

I would find it hard to believe he was fired - but people and Silversea do strange things these days.

In my opinion he did run a pretty good dining room.

Which Paolo is it???

I was told by an ex-Silversea employee who had left the company, whom I ran into on another cruise ship, that he did not like working for Silversea because they pay poorly. He said that he left because he could earn more money elsewhere (he was/is an officer level in the deck department, though I'm not certain whether he qualifies as a "senior" officer or not.)

It does not surprise me that Silversea might pay less. My guess is that Silversea doesn't have to pay employees as much because the jobs are slightly more pleasant than those on the larger ships? Perhaps there is a prestige to working for a luxury line, whatever deck you may reside in. Or, perhaps it is merely perception and the disgruntled concerns of someone who chose to leave Silversea because he wasn't performing as well as he could and his pay reflected the fact.

Archived