Mike's Gentle Horses

25dbb

Has anyone ever done Mike's Gentle Horses????

He provides horses for larger folks that Randi doesn't. (265 but probably

more after cruising for a few days!!!)

Any inupt???

dbb25

We went with Randi's, but it is located next door to Mike's. They are somehow related but I think there is a rivalry. I didn't catch the whole story so that might just be herasay. Anyway, the horses at Mike's didn't seem any larger or sturdier than at Randi's. I've never seen a review from anyone who has ridden with Mike so there's really nothing to go by. All of the people in my group were under 200 lbs, but I think that is odd for a cruise ship! I'm sure these horses have held heavy people. Maybe someone else will have some insight into how much weight the horse can handle.

Already e-mailed Randy and she said 250 lbs per horse was max.

Maybe my DH could ride two!?!?!

Anyway, i was just looking for someone who used Mike's (Miguel's) in the

past. He has e-mailed me twice and seems okay.

dbb25

• 2 months later...

We rode with Randi three weeks ago, and she really cares for her horses, thus the weight limit. Also, her guides are quite capable and mature, as well as wonderful people. I would be leery of Mike's, also of the author of the previous message, as I think she works for King David who has an interest in Mike's. Maybe you can ride and DH can meet you at Victor's ........ the actual riding was about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

We rode with Randi last week and she was telling me about a fellow, 350 pounds, who wanted to ride. She was not going to say no but I think he finally decided to take just the transportation to Victors. We are going again in 4 weeks and that is what we are going to do - the ride was wonderful but a little hard on my sore bones but the beach area is beautiful and Victors is great - Randi does not ride much anymore so we will visit with her. Found a new friend in Randi - you will love her and her "kids" that she takes such good care of.

She has lots of information about the ports of calls in the mexican Riviera. I would think she could post here. Her site is interesting, it is all one word with no spaces or dashes. Cruise mexico dott org (with of course the abriviation for the world wide web in the front)

Colleen, Carl and Family

Archived