Return Flights

I have read through these boards and see where people are encouraged to have return flights from SEA scheduled for 2:00 PM or later. I routinely leave from FLL after a cruise at 11:00 AM and usually still have an hour to wait around. Is SEA really that bad that you need to pad your time by 3+ hours? What is the earliest return flight from SEA anyone has done comfortably?

I will be returning from SEA on September 22 and am looking for the best flight.

Thanks for responding!

Bob

SeaTac used to have very long lines for check-in and security, but over the past year or so it's usually not that bad. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get to the airport from the cruise piers depending on traffic, and it's usually no more than 15 minutes to go through the security checkpoint, and of course it depends on the airline you're on whether your check-in for your flight is fast. I fly Alaska most of the time and because they have the self-checkin kiosks, it's usually no more than 10 minutes to get checked in for your flight unless there's a whole lot of flights going out at once or something. But other airlines aren't always that fast.

I was at SEATAC three+ hours before my flight, yet my suitcase did not arrive with me. It was because the screeners had too many suitcases to screen. It took no time checking in, but the security line was long. I felt like I was at LAX.

Archived