Docking in Cozumel

Coolcruise02

Are any Princess ships docking in Cozumel? I read on the Cozumel Ports of Call Board that 2 ships can dock now but it is usually RCCL ships. We will be there on Sept 28th and there are 2 ships scheduled, the CB and Carnival Inspiration. It would be great if we could dock!

Have any Princess cruisers out there docked at Cozumel recently?

I believe the first Caribbean Princess Western Route happened just last week. I may be mistaken, but think they said only one ship can dock and they were not it.

We are sailing on July 1 and am curious as well, but from a picture I saw posted somewhere in this forum, doesn't look hopeful that any more docks will be available soon.

But keep reading this board, everyone is always coming up with information about everything and it is amazing how they find out.:)

The International pier is open for 1 ship right now, Punta Langosta is scheduled to open for 1 ship this June and both will open a 2nd berth come October...at least that's the general time frame. have no idea how the selections are made though. Don't look for anything to go into Puerta Maya until the late part of 2007.

i was just there in march on the star, we did not dock, we had use of the cozumel tenders picking us up, they were high speed and quick, i didnt feel as if it was a major bother. On the way back we waited in a ver long line ( that i could have done without) should have left earlier.

The International pier is open for 1 ship right now, Punta Langosta is scheduled to open for 1 ship this June and both will open a 2nd berth come October...at least that's the general time frame. have no idea how the selections are made though. Don't look for anything to go into Puerta Maya until the late part of 2007.

where are these 3 piers located which pier had the shops between the ship and the shops?

you will take a tender in at the same place where the dock use to be, so you will get right off and there are little port shops, walk to the left and u will see the big overhang where the cabs all line up, downtown is to the left when u pull out of the lot, it is not walking distance and i beleive it was 6.00 pp fare

where are these 3 piers located which pier had the shops between the ship and the shops?

That would be the Puerta Maya pier which is owned by Carnival. The shopping village is still there. There is a small section of the pier left with a covered open structure.

Dave

Archived