a question for the price watchers

How and when do the prices of a cruise go up and down.

Right now I'm booked on an October 22nd Mexican Riveria Cruise (vision of the seas).

I booked about 3 wks ago and prices haven't changed. I can cancel for a full refund through Aug 17th.

Are prices likely to fluxuate in the downward direction between now and then? Should I check daily? weekly?

This is my first cruise so I"ve never price watched before. Is there a routine for when prices start falling?

C

There is no way of telling when there will be a price change. It just happens (up or down) From what I have learned, the most likely time for a price drop is 60-90 days out so they can finish filling a ship. I do however check all my reservations (because I have 5 of them currently) everyday.. simply because I am on line in the evening and the reservations are accessible on the rccl website and checking is a breeze.. so I check them each day.. probably not necessary to check them daily, but I don't wanna miss something that changes :)

just remember the if there IS a price drop you have to call and get it,. they (RCCL) will not notify you or automaticaly make the adjustment.

Prices go up when cabins are selling briskly and the computers forecast continued heavy demand. Prices goes down when cabins are NOT selling quickly and computers forecast continued lack of customer interest.

Supply and Demand. It's the capitalist way. :)

Archived