cabin assignment

press53

I need advice. First time with Princess last two cruises were with Carnival and our room was assigned immediatly. We are two couples who booked an Alsakan cruise in January thru a TA. One couple was assigned a room immidately but the other has not been assinged one yet. We want to stay together but the travel agent says they know, just wait. The cruise is in ten days. Should we have her call or will it all work out. We do not want to wait till it's to late. :confused: Any suggestions? Thanks

After an unpleasant experience with cabin switches I received great advise from this board. This is the number for Princess Customer Service.

1-800-243-7342 ext 44411

Definitely call them and speak to someone directly at Princess. Once they give you an assigned cabin, keep checking on your Cruise Personalizer to make sure the cabin number stays the same. I am sure you will be able to find out your cabin sooner rather than later. Good Luck!

Yes we have recieved our documents and booking number. We have been checking the Cruise Personalizer. We will call Princess ourselves. We didn't know if by wiating there was a better chance for an upgrade. But it's more important to have our rooms together.

Thank you all so much.

Unfortunately, if you really wanted two rooms together you should have booked two specific cabins rather than booking guarantees. Unlike some other cruiselines, I have never seen Princess offer a lower price for a guarantee than you would pay if you select a cabin in that category. Your TA should have pointed this out and recommended you do this and should have marked the booking "no upgrades" to ensure you remain together. I know it is too late now, but in the future you may want to do it this way.

Yes we have recieved our documents and booking number. We have been checking the Cruise Personalizer. We will call Princess ourselves. We didn't know if by wiating there was a better chance for an upgrade. But it's more important to have our rooms together.

Thank you all so much.

The chances of getting an upgrade and still having your rooms together would be about "zero". I suspect now that your TA realizes that they did not give you proper advice and is now avoiding the question. As someone else has suggested, you should have just picked two rooms side by side in the first place.

I do agree with the above two posts (and I am a TA). Guarantee means nothing other than the minimum category you will get is the one you booked with a possibility of an upgrade. Request as far as room location etc don't mean alot with a guarantee. I would recommend calling your TA to straighten this out.

Thanks Lovescruisin for the phone number. We called and were told we could get a room on the same floor or wait and take our chances on a better upgrade. The ugrade he said would be no worst than the same floor. We have friends on a cruise now who waited and got outside cabins.(defferent cruiseline) My brother decided to wait to see if something better comes up.

Thank you

Archived