Price drop, now what!

Icon5

I noticed this morning that the price of my cruise has dropped $120pp.

I am booked and paid in full since a month now and my cabin has already been assigned (sailing july 2nd).

I have been upgraded from an inside to an outside on empress deck.

Should I call my PVP or do I risk loosing my upgrade? how do I go about asking for a credit?

I would call, you have nothing to lose, if you don't like the deal just say no. Who knows you can receive on board credit or maybe a better upgrade. I also paid in full and the price dropped 2 times and I am sailing on June 29th, and the first time I called I received $80 on board credit and the second time it dropped I called again and received, an upgrade from and inside room on the Empress to an oceanview room on the Empress. Good luck

There is a sale today... here is the fine print... if you do take the drop, yes... you will lose your upgrade, you can't have both ;) Say you booked a 4a and were upgraded to a 4d... you can keep your 4d, and get whatever difference there is between a 4D and the current price. Or go back to your 4a and get the difference. Wouldn't be very fair to give you the difference for the 4a, when you have been upgraded for free to a 4d... you didn't pay for a 4d... see what I'm sayin?? Just call and find out if you are eligible...

*Savings based on supersaver rates and quad occupancy stateroom. Maximum savings of up to $200 per guest. Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and are based on category 4A. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Full deposits required at time of booking. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Promotion is available on select 2006 7/8 day June and July sailings only. Offer excludes categories 1A/IS/OV/BL/ST/11/12. Valid on categories 4A-8I. Upgrades available at an additional cost. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Other sail dates within range may be slightly higher. Valid on new individual bookings made only on May 17, 2006. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this period are not eligible. Blackout dates may apply. Promo is not applicable on 2/3/4/5/6 day sailings. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Promotion excludes Carnival Pride, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Spirit Alaska sailings, Carnival Liberty Europe sailings. Request fare code CPWS. Ships' Registry: Panama and The Bahamas.

I am sailing June 18th. Short cruise to Bahamas-8th grade grad cruise for my daughter and her friends and mothers!

Anyway, we booked thru a traval agent( not my idea), I called the TA today.

Our cruise dropped from 459 to 349, and she was UNABLE to get shipboard credit, but we did get upgraded from 4a to 6a. I would have fought for the shipboard credit,, but something is better than nothing. We have an Oceanview instead of a inside.

I am NOT completely satisified, but I can't fight with the TA that technically, I never hired and have not dealt with at all, because the other mom is taking care of that.

I always book my cruises thru the cruise line directly...and hopefully, we continue to do so.

Good LUck

When I called my TA to get the discount on my booked and paid in full Glory cruise on July 29th, they said no. Since I had paid in full, and I was not a new booking I couldn't get the discount. I paid 859, and orbitz and priceline were saying 839. TA said they called Carnival and they said no go. Should I just give up?

It's dissapointing I've been waiting anxiously for a price drop, and when it comes I get denied. It was depressing. Oh well, hopefully we'll see the price drop more than just on a one day sale.

Sounds like the price drop was for "new bookings only". Highly doubtful Carnival will do anything....if so, everyone would be doing it....unfortunatly this does happen at times. Think of it this way...you will have a great vacation soon!!!

True, hopefully tomorrow after the one day sale they will drop the prices. And when that happens I will be the first on the phone =). I'm now going back to my checking everday again. Now I want a OBC even more! :D

One-day sales don't count - those are not the real prices.

However, now you know to wait for the sales and do research before booking a cruise.

If it is not a special sale, you have a good shot at getting a price reduction before the 60-day full refund period. Just call your TA, or Carnival if you booked directly, and request it. I did, and it worked for me.

I am NOT completely satisified, but I can't fight with the TA that technically, I never hired and have not dealt with at all, because the other mom is taking care of that.

I always book my cruises thru the cruise line directly...and hopefully, we continue to do so.

Good LUck

Not all private agents will give a price reduction after final payment if the price comes down. Stay with the cruiselines and you will be better off.

(lesson learned)

Well, I have the other mom trying to get us $$$ back...We will see if that works:)

80.00/cruiser and there are 12 cruisers..is alot of $$$!

Hopefully, it will work out!

This TA has been a pain in the butt since the beginning....

Well, I have the other mom trying to get us $$$ back...We will see if that works:)

80.00/cruiser and there are 12 cruisers..is alot of $$$!

Hopefully, it will work out!

This TA has been a pain in the butt since the beginning....

where do you see that its a n 80.00 difference? sometimes prices we see online do not include government taxzes-- but they are usually 50 some bucks.

it is quoted on line at 349.00 per night..

I paid 501.00 with taxes and port fees...I was estimating a 80.00 in actual fare decrease, I might be off...a little..but I believe I am close. I was thinking our original price was 429.00 per night.

No word from the other mom as of yet....I am NOT hopeful!

well, one thing we booked thru a TA

two, I have talked to the TA yesterday and got an upgrade from 4a to 6a, but no $$$, but that put our cabin not in line with the other girls (not a big deal), but then I spoke with another mother and she wants the upgrade also...turning into a BIG mess!

I would rather have the $$, and stay close with the group.

As far as the price difference...the 501.00 was with tax/port fees ect.

The "sticker price" was 429...now the "sticker price" is 349.00

This is a8th grade graduation cruise, for our girls.

Archived