Directions to USS Arizona

Coolcruise02

H1 is probably the easiest way to get to the USS Arizona. Your rental car company should be able to tell how you on how to get on H1 west and then it's pretty easy from there. Just make sure to take the USS Arizona exit and not the Pearl Harbor exit. Here's a link to the memorial website that also gives some directions.

http://www.nps.gov/usar/pphtml/planyourvisit.html

http://travel.yahoo.com has a great interactive map that can give you driving directions to most sights. Just click on Honolulu and then map and you'll be able to find most sights there. It can usually give you restaurants, hotels etc.

H1 is a major freeway on Oahu. It can get pretty congested depending on time of day you are traveling. It's usally pretty easy to find access to it.

You can get to the memorial via surface streets but it might take longer as you would then deal with traffic lights, etc. Although if there's traffic on H1 then it could be a toss up.

I've never gone to Diamond Head via H1 so I can't help with exit information there but take a look at the travel yahoo site. That probably will help alot.

I've been to Oahu many times and it's pretty easy to navigate around to the sights. Rental Car companies usually give you a pretty good booklet with a good driving map.

Getting to the AZ Memorial should be pretty easy from H1 - just follow the signs. Getting to the Diamond Head State Park from H1 is considerably harder - dunno if I could give you text directions that would make it any easier. Looking at the map might be your best bet. The easiest exit off of H1 to get there is probably the Kahala exit (going east bound (Koko Head bound) on H1 that is) and then taking Kilauea St to right before the hill leading up to Kapiolani Community College and then taking a left on 18th Ave until you hit Diamond Head Rd - take a right and immediately on your left side you should see the entrance. (see, I told you it'd be hard!!)

It's actually not that bad on the map - but it's hard to explain in words. :D

Spleen

Archived