Obstructed Balcony Rooms on the Miracle

Hey everyone, wondering if you can help me out. I am looking at switching my interior room to an obstructed balcony on either the main or upper decks. Does anyone know what the pros and cons are to these roomsr? I don't need specific cabin numbers (though that would be great if you know) but things like, if it's better to be in a room between the lifeboats, directly behind, or anything else you can think of? Thanks!

If you're talking 7a cabins, I've been told that the life boats only come about 6 inches above the height of the rail. Some of the balconies in this category are really big. Very Long. I would try to get one of those.

The obstructed balconies (Cat 7) on the Miracle are above the life boats. You don't have to worry about being between them. There are pictures on the board showing the balconies. Here's one: http://community.webshots.com/photo/344241236/1357624022070127580Igbhze

You will be able to see out but not down. The obstructed balconies are on the Upper Deck (5). Obstructed Ocean View (Cat 5) are on the Main Deck (4).

We stayed in cabin 5173 on the upper deck. We were between the lifeboats and, except for looking straight down, there was no issue with the view. One of my most fond memories was sitting on the balcony after Belize with the full moon shining on the water.

I believe the Miracle is the same as the Spirit - if that is the case the first 3 lifeboats on the Upper deck are taller than the rest and DO come above the rail.

This is the typical view in cabins 5142 - 5167

ff0e.jpg?grg78aEBm_NdVgrQ

This is the view for cabins 5168 - 5191 & 5224 - 5245

50ad.jpg?grg78aEB2_o4GKvj

our 1st cruise was a cat7, there was no problem. the boats just block part of your view. One thing, my wife got a suprise when she got out of bed one morning to see a crew member cleaning the boats in front of our balcony. Needless to say the my wife was a little embarrased (being in her birthday suit)

our 1st cruise was a cat7, there was no problem. the boats just block part of your view. One thing, my wife got a suprise when she got out of bed one morning to see a crew member cleaning the boats in front of our balcony. Needless to say the my wife was a little embarrased (being in her birthday suit)

Tell her not to sweat it. It isn't like they don't see that all the time and since these crew members live in countries we can't even pronounce ....she will never see them again!

The obstructed balconies (Cat 7) on the Miracle are above the life boats. You don't have to worry about being between them. There are pictures on the board showing the balconies. Here's one: http://community.webshots.com/photo/344241236/1357624022070127580Igbhze

You will be able to see out but not down. The obstructed balconies are on the Upper Deck (5). Obstructed Ocean View (Cat 5) are on the Main Deck (4).

Hi Big Doug,

Which balcony in the picture is the 7A--the one closer to the lifeboat?

Thanks,

Gale

Yeah... I had a 5A, room 4148, on the Miracle and it was between lifeboats.... well I like to sleep with the doors open at night and to my surprise one morning on a sea day... I slept in a bit and was awaken to a crew member cleaning the life boat ... luckily this was a mom and me trip and not a hubby and wife trip so I had pj's on:rolleyes: .....

Hi,

We've booked an obstructed view on the Spirit to Alaska. After seeing the pictures posted here (and changing my mind many times), I've decided to change to unobstructed. It looks to me like those lifeboats would be in the way if you were sitting, and there's one metal piece that I think would get in the way of pictures. However, if it wasn't Alaska, i don't think I would care as much.

Gale

I've got cabin 4137 which is a 5a. I'm wondering if anyone has had this type of cabin (or exact cabin). Are the views totally obstructed? Any other information?

Cheers!

your view will be totally obstructed- your cabin is in the mdidle of the lifeboat.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/344241236/1344241998070127580MXbIkM

the cabin has french doors that open but you cant go outside-- there is only a very small ledge. But you can open the door for air

When I booked this cruise, we originally booked a balcony guarantee. Then Carnival had an awesome 1-day sale and I could get a 7a for under $700 pp for New Year's week... BTW - those are now going for over $1200 pp. Upon the advise here, I called my TA to see if 5236 was available even though it wasn't showing online. It was available. This cabin has a longer balcony due to the utility room next door. If you are booking a 7a, you might want to give it a try. And it is further aft so the lifeboats are the lower ones.

We are booked in cabin 5165 category 7A on the Spirit. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? Do you know if the view will be similar to the 5168 mentioned above (on the Miracle?). I can't seem to find specific photos of 5165. Thanks for your help.

When I booked this cruise, we originally booked a balcony guarantee. Then Carnival had an awesome 1-day sale and I could get a 7a for under $700 pp for New Year's week... BTW - those are now going for over $1200 pp. Upon the advise here, I called my TA to see if 5236 was available even though it wasn't showing online. It was available. This cabin has a longer balcony due to the utility room next door. If you are booking a 7a, you might want to give it a try. And it is further aft so the lifeboats are the lower ones.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/344241236/1357624022070127580Igbhze

this is the cabin right next to you. (5238) it is seperated by a wall. (i didnt see no utility closet.)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/344241236/1357624022070127580Igbhze

this is the cabin right next to you. (5238-which is a handicapped cabin) it is seperated by a wall. (i didnt see no utility closet.)

We are booked in cabin 5165 category 7A on the Spirit. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? Do you know if the view will be similar to the 5168 mentioned above (on the Miracle?). I can't seem to find specific photos of 5165. Thanks for your help.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/387233377/1387235121000485065dzyGPY

another view of cat 7A

Please dont compare the views of a 7A with a 5A - these cabins are two VERY differnt obstructions.

From what I have read on here and looking at the deck plans, 5236 has a large balcony that is almost triple the size of the other 7A's. I read that the room next door (while looking at the deck plans) that is in between 5236 & 5238 is a utility room of some sort - even where the ice machine is that the cabin stewards use. I researched it pretty well before making the change and we are very excited about it. The deck plans show the same area on decks 4-9 which causes the balconies to be larger on deck 5-9.

Here is a pic of the balcony on 5236 on the Miracle. http://community.webshots.com/photo/550320245/2879423830063951613tRLgOm

that cabin does have an awesome balcone..even the location is great-- right by the stairs/elevators..very cloe to everything. Br prepare to gain some weight as you wont be walking much--lol

but the utility closet. where did you get that information.?

the cabin steward stuff was across the hall from 6234 (which is not marked except its a big white area. that is where the ice was etc. I never even noticed a door on the side of that area. If it is a utility closet they have it where it doesnt look like one

Archived