Serenade Aft Room 7172 ???

I am already booked on the Serenade for 11/25/06. I check the prices every once in a while. I checked today and no price change however new rooms seemed to be available. Should I go from midship deck 8 to Deck 7 aft?

Thanks for your help and advice!:)

Here is a shot of 7176 I snagged off the internet - I love looking at the wake and am booked on 9256 next year for Alaska on the Radiance. I had inquired on some other thread if there was noise from the clubs below on deck seven but never got an answer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21801&stc=1&d=1147902983

7172 may have a wider balcony - here is a picture of the stern.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21802&stc=1&d=1147903168

Hopefully you can find someone who has stayed in this cabin - but as I said I had no response to my question about aft cabins on deck 7. I am hoping we will love ours next year in Alaska.

7176small.jpg.bb47c7cfd8ea3957ac33c2e8d44855fb.jpg

277560789_portsideofradiancebacksmall.jpg.3c8167ee755b717c6b30c939d0beabb6.jpg

We have had 7176 and there was no problem with the noise. Of course we do not go to bed before midnight. This cabin was excellent!!! WE had it in Alaska. The view, and quiet, was amazing.

What a fantastic picture of the afts for a Radiance class ship. This could answer a myriad of questions for a lot of people. Thanks for posting. Wish I could find one like this for the Voyager class.

Thanks Carol, My wife put the numbers in the picture.:) Which ship are you looking for?

We are booked in an aft on the Voyager for a Med cruise in Oct 2007. I know there is a lot more "structure" but would love to see a picture like the one you posted of the Radiance class. I just wish there was a Radiance class doing a 7 day cruise of the Med in 07....I would be on that one in a heartbeat as that is my favorite class of ship. Well, I haven't been on the larger ships yet, but I love all the glass and the layout of the Radiance class. I think I would rather have the views than the promenade!

What an amazing picture! I have 1100 on the Radiance 12/9. I felt as if I won the lottery when I 'snagged" it. I have never had an aft cabin before. Questions for anyone who has been in this cabin; Is there a single door or sliders or from the picture both? How much of the side of the balcony can be used?

Thanks so much for the help. :)

I have stayed in this cabin on the Radiance, Serenade's sister ship. It is very nice, is there anything in particular you would like to know about it?

Very large balcony!

What an amazing picture! I have 1100 on the Radiance 12/9. I felt as if I won the lottery when I 'snagged" it. I have never had an aft cabin before. Questions for anyone who has been in this cabin; Is there a single door or sliders or from the picture both? How much of the side of the balcony can be used?

Thanks so much for the help. :)

We had 1100 on the Serenade at Christmas. Fantastic!!!! We even loved the door bell. :D The door is a slider. In the picture, the thing on the left is a window. The door is on the right, but the sliding part is closest to the window. Feel very lucky, this room has been our favorite of all rooms so far.

That is by far the most fantastic picture - I have been snagging pics from the internet of the Radiance Class ships trying to pick a cabin and decided I wanted to go aft. Even went down to the San Diego harbor on May 7th to take some of my own, as the ROS was leaving for Hawaii. I have some good pictures, but this one is the best closeup to see my cabin for Alaska next year 9256. Thanks for posting the picture - I have added it to my collection

Sun&Sand: I have learned on these boards and from my first experience booking a RCL cruise that you need to call to find out if a cabin is available. They only post certain ones on the internet at a time. I called the day the 2007 Alaska cruises opened and got the cabin I wanted. Just called awhile ago for a friend and there were still aft cabins available, but not on the internet site.

Thanks Grampy for the great pics of the balcony. One other question . Where do you find out what cabins come available on the internet ?

Thanks,

I check with the cruise line.:)

We are booked in an aft on the Voyager for a Med cruise in Oct 2007. I know there is a lot more "structure" but would love to see a picture like the one you posted of the Radiance class. I just wish there was a Radiance class doing a 7 day cruise of the Med in 07....I would be on that one in a heartbeat as that is my favorite class of ship. Well, I haven't been on the larger ships yet, but I love all the glass and the layout of the Radiance class. I think I would rather have the views than the promenade!

I'm still looking for a good picture for you Carol.

Try here. http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=homesearch&query=aft+on+the+Voyager

• 3 weeks later...

We've just booked the October 2007 Med cruise as well and are looking forward to finding a cruise critic party to start the trip, etc. We've picked an aft cabin as well - what great pictures of those cabins (from Grampy) . We've never sailed the Mediterranean so we're also looking for helpful hints for excursions etc.

Archived