Wave Heights/Wather for 5/20 Spirit Sailing

Angiebear

Hi Everyone

Hoping you can help. I am sailing on next weeks 8 day Spirit itinerary. I am seasick prone and will be taking my bonine and ginger but I was hoping some one can point me in the right direction. How can I find out purported wave height/weather for next weeks (5/20-5/28) sailing of the Spirit for all ports and the Atlantic and Caribean? I like to be prepared:eek: .

Thanks

Angie

I always check the wave heights forecast before a cruise; this is very valuable information for those who are seasick prone. It looks like pretty smooth sailing through the 144 hour forecast.

http://surfinfo.surfline.com/html/fnmoc.html

There are other sites online. Just type in Wave Heights Forecast from Google or any other search engine.

That's a great website. But Angie, don't focus so much on what the waves/weather MIGHT be. It sounds like you are already well prepared having ginger and bonine with you. What else could you do?

Have a fabulous cruise. I wish I could be sailing soon. I'll have to wait til December.

CLDAHLQUIST..thanks for the great website...I will be checking back before leaving but as you said things look good so far.

Claudie...thanks for the reality check....I am an over planner by nature LOL

Elky

Bonine is an over the counter drug, similar to dramamine. Most people say it is less drowsy than dramamine and I am not sure if it makes your mouth dry.. Ginger tabs can be found in any vitamin store, I think someone mentioned they might even get it at Walmart. I Am a first time cruiser so I am not really sure what to expect with regard to seasickness. I get very nauseous in cars, on rides, on ferry trips across the sound, I can't evn go on the back yard swing without getting green. So iam hoping for small waves...certainly don't want to focus too much on it but want to be prepared. Anyway the forecast for the next 144 hours looks pretty good hope it keeps up for atleast 300 more than that!LOL:p

Elky we have a really nice roll call for the 5/20 sailing..we have over 106 people and have 2 fun meetings planned. Please consider joining us.

Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=250034&page=27

See you in 2 days and a wake up

Regards

Angie

Hi Everyone

Hoping you can help. I am sailing on next weeks 8 day Spirit itinerary. I am seasick prone and will be taking my bonine and ginger but I was hoping some one can point me in the right direction. How can I find out purported wave height/weather for next weeks (5/20-5/28) sailing of the Spirit for all ports and the Atlantic and Caribean? I like to be prepared:eek: .

Thanks

Angie

I would suggest NoaaWave Watch 3. This is the one of the forecasting tools that the Cruise Lines use for for wave height & direction. It's has locations for the North Atlantic and Carribean theaters. We have been using it for years and it's highly accurate !!!!

http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/main_int.html

We'll be on the Spirit then too. Can you tell me about the Bonine & ginger? Where do you get it and does it make you dry & drowsy?

elky1,

Please do come by the roll call. We picked up another 20 overnight so now we're over the 125 mark! 2 CC parties planned, so come on and join us!~

elky1' date='

Please do come by the roll call. We picked up another 20 overnight so now we're over the 125 mark! 2 CC parties planned, so come on and join us!~[/quote']

Watch out for Barb; sounds like she might be planning to make you drowsy, but certainly not dry!! Looks like there might be plenty of spirit and spirits on the Spirit!!!

Archived