Back From Miracle - In a Cast!

Kaki321

No problem, totally don't mind answering. Carnival picked up all of the infirmary tabs through "guest relations" because it was a Carnival-sponsored tour. They didn't ask me about whether or not I had insurance, maybe it was on my record. Not sure, was just happy it was taken care of.

end quote

Kaki, thanks for sharing that info. That is the way I thought it worked, but you can never be sure. Keep the leg elevated ABOVE your heart. That will help the swelling the most. I wish you a speeding recovery.

We spent our time dodging Melanie. Nice girl, freshly married, center of her universe... she was featured prominently in the hypnotist show, you may have seen her... for some reason, everywhere we went, she was there with her husband and her two friends.

The thing about strollers is just that they don't belong in crowds. And kids, if they're behaved, are fine... it's just that you can never be sure. And apart from the one 2 year old in a stroller who was with this lady in a wheelchair ...

Nope, missed the hyponotist show. But saw it replayed on the TV several times. Didn't pay attention to Melanie though. LOL.

You know, other than the line up at dinner, I didn't really find the ship to be that crowded at all! Don't think we had any issues (or anyone had issues with us) with all of our wheeled transportation.

Kaki...sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you feel better soon.

We sail on Sunday on the Miracle, I have a question. If you don't mind. I know this subject has been beat to death, but is the dining room dress attire very strict. We are not bring any jeans or jean shorts but we didn't want wear skirts everynight. We have nice resort shorts and tops and from what I understand they won't let shorts in the dining room. I don't want to eat at the buffet everynight, and I'm not sure what to pack. :confused:

Thank you in advance.

Were there kayaks and other beach toys there included in your price?

No, not at San Fran beach. But it included chairs, umbrellas, lunch (very yummy), chips and salsa and open bar! Jorge and Miguel served up buckets of Corona, even when we didn't ask. Be sure to tip them on top of it. It's worth it

Kaki...sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you feel better soon.

We sail on Sunday on the Miracle, I have a question. If you don't mind. I know this subject has been beat to death, but is the dining room dress attire very strict. We are not bring any jeans or jean shorts but we didn't want wear skirts everynight. We have nice resort shorts and tops and from what I understand they won't let shorts in the dining room. I don't want to eat at the buffet everynight, and I'm not sure what to pack. :confused:

Thank you in advance.

First, I don't care one way or the other about shorts in the dining room, but many people do. Depending on what kind of mood the maitre d is in, they may or may not let you in! I even thought he was staring at my dress sandals one night just to make sure they weren't flip flops. (I have no idea why this is black, I can't seem to fix the formatting)

This is just my personal opinion - skip the shorts in the dining room, no matter how dressy they are. You won't be comfortable (people will stare). Aside from the dress code, it's really COLD in there!

I wore sundresses and capri's with nice tops and it was fine. Bring a few pairs of dress capri's/skirts and switch them around with a few tops. Don't pack a lot, just coordinate a few tops and pants that are interchangeable.

So sorry to hear about your accident! We were in Belize at Bannister Caye a week ago Tuesday and its kind of scary to realize that something like that can happen. The beach island was empty except for those on our excursion so we had no trouble finding shade and we didn't really explore the island so we never saw any drop offs. We just stayed in the sloped area between the bulkhead type walls and had no trouble. You're right about the sand, its not quite like any I've seen before. It was very hard and packed down on the island itself but once you venture into the water its like wet flour. The consistency is kind of gross actually. We also complained about the "rocks" that were everywhere, until we realized that they were actually shells. You could put your hand down into the wet sand and come up with about fifty tiny little conch type shells in perfect condition. We brought home several bags full and they will be great for making picture frames. Bring some zip loc bags!! I would highly recommend an excursion to Bannister Caye but as you can see watch your step!

So sorry to hear about your accident! We were in Belize at Bannister Caye a week ago Tuesday and its kind of scary to realize that something like that can happen. The beach island was empty except for those on our excursion so we had no trouble finding shade and we didn't really explore the island so we never saw any drop offs. We just stayed in the sloped area between the bulkhead type walls and had no trouble. You're right about the sand, its not quite like any I've seen before. It was very hard and packed down on the island itself but once you venture into the water its like wet flour. The consistency is kind of gross actually. We also complained about the "rocks" that were everywhere, until we realized that they were actually shells. You could put your hand down into the wet sand and come up with about fifty tiny little conch type shells in perfect condition. We brought home several bags full and they will be great for making picture frames. Bring some zip loc bags!! I would highly recommend an excursion to Bannister Caye but as you can see watch your step!

Agree about the shells, my niece found a ton! Watch your step for sure, and try to watch where you stand. As I said, I was just standing at the palapa when the ledge collapsed.

Doesn't sound like you made it to the part of the island we were on, wish I could have seen your part though. Hard to envision though as the pictures I have show a drop across most of the shoreline. I bet you were on the side where the kayak rentals were. Never made it over there - - after I got hurt, didn't go anywhere.

Sounds like I missed the best of Bannister

Thanks for the tips on the dining room attire, Kaki. Nothing like being made to feel uncomfortable while on vacation. I will bring along interchangeable clothes.

Feel better :)

Thanks so much all...love the "cast-a-way" pun. I am now in my 3rd cast in a week, this time fiberglass - and not removeable :( But it IS below the knee (yay) and it IS lighter than the plaster casts.

I am just about to cancel our Memorial Day trip to Lake Geneva. So BUMMED about that!

Already thinking about my next big vacation. I am thinking that we might spend some time in Grand Cayman. Loved it so much on the cruise....we like to switch off between land and cruise vacations and this next one will be land. Any opinions on where to stay in Grand Cayman? Gotta start my research early

For now though, I think Oprah is coming on! :) hehe

Sorry to hear about your mishap and glad that you are okay. What bothers me is the attitude of the people at the beach. You should have been taken back to the ship immediately for medical treatment. I think Carnival got lucky. Next time it could be someone with chest pains.

Sorry to hear about you accident and hope you feel better soon. Last year on the Spirit, my wife tripped coming into the canbin and twisted her back. I have to say the the doctor and nurses were great and she received excellent care. The doctor even called the next day to check on her. And she like you took advantage of the drugs..I had a couple of days to myself.

[quote name='Yeldarb'] Too bad a child didn't step on you so you could sue Carnival :D (so this makes sense to future readers this is a Reference to a current Hot topic thread)[/quote]

:eek: :eek: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]A child stepped on someone and theat someone is sueing. :eek: :eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='PACURN']:eek: :eek: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]A child stepped on someone and theat someone is sueing. :eek: :eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Yes a child stepped on the back of a mans heel. Hurt his achilles tendon.
And no, there is no threat of a lawsuit. She was just frustraded about the treatment they received from Carnival. This is how eveything gets misconstrued.

[quote name='rustytdog']Sorry to hear about you accident and hope you feel better soon. Last year on the Spirit, my wife tripped coming into the canbin and twisted her back. I have to say the the doctor and nurses were great and she received excellent care. The doctor even called the next day to check on her. And she like you took advantage of the drugs..I had a couple of days to myself.[/quote]

Thanks, I do agree that the doctor was fabulous - - the nurse, however, I could have done without.

Archived