Tragedy on Mariner of the Seas

JLC@SD

Maybe so, if Mr. Smith fell over. But if he was thrown over, then it is the fault of the assailant. Drunk people don't deserve to be murdered (or raped).

I guess you've never known a mean drunk!

Of course the sale of alcohol is going to be pushed, this accounts for alot of the money spent onboard.And of course these employees are going to push selling it, they make a 15% gratuity for every drink they sell.But again, if a person can't control how much they drink. or can't say no under the "pressure" of the sale of these drinks, maybe a cruise isn't for them, because this is what they face when boarding these floating resorts.

Isn't this a dead issue in this case (no pun intended). It has already been established that RCI only sold him five drinks in four hours. The responsibility for drinking "smuggled" booze in your own room must surely lie with the individual, or am I missing something?

....but there are others that seem to think that RCI is at fault somehow.

I wish they would explain why. I realise that we don't have all the facts, but the FBI findings seem to be pretty easy to understand.

First off, I think this discussion has gone rather well, no nastiness.jbond, I am with you.??? Don't understand it.If I drink myself into such a stuper that it puts me in jeapordy, or into a position to be a potential victim, I have no-one to blame butt myself.

Archived