Excursion Detail Information

MJEasley

Good Morning everyone. My daughter and I will be on the Spirit the 28th and she can't understand how NCL's website doesn't detail the excursions. When we did Princess Coral their website went into a complete description and times. NCL does not. Is there somewhere to go to get this information? Thanks

Actually they are listed on the NCL website.

http://www.ncl.com/shorex/index.htm# go to the website and click on the islands that you are going to. You should get a pop up that gives you the icon for your particular cruise detal and it should open the tour description.

Let me know if this helps.

You should pick Florida/Bahamas. You also have to pick the ship you want. Your's is the last one on the selection page. Click on the description icon.

Happy sailing,

Monty

I had the same problem but found that by changing my pop up blocker settings that the excursion list would come up. Then I just clicked on the tour descriptions and found everything I needed. May not work for you but it may be worht a try.

Do as Baitman19 says:

On the excursions page, click on Bahamas and Florida

When that screen comes up you will see ships and dates and columns

Find the column with the heading TOUR DESCRIPTIONS, click on the PDF next to your ship and sailing and you will get a PDF containing the excursions and descriptions

Thanks everyone - I get the PDF file and that information - my complaint was there is no detail information about the excursion. Go to Princess website and see how they display their excursions it is indepth info.

If you have your reservation # just go into the pre request screen and you will see the listing of dates and times of your excursions. You don't need to book at that time just get the list to help you make your decisions.

Thanks everyone - I get the PDF file and that information - my complaint was there is no detail information about the excursion. Go to Princess website and see how they display their excursions it is indepth info.

Out of curiosity I did - and you are correct Princess does a MUCH better job describing their excursions. I find the NCL descriptions are adequate for me

(most of the time) but Princesses were much more detailed.

I tried the Princess for Port Canaveral and it wasn't anymore detailed than the ones on the NCL site.

Did you get the description or just the booking form? The descriptions are 10 PDF pages long.

Happy sailing,

Monty

Shore Excursions - Bahamas and Florida:

Descriptions are in the pdf under the TOUR DESCRIPTION column (the THIRD column):

Column 1: Ship name

Column 2: Itinerary - which contains Order form

Column 3: PDF (which contains the descriptions)

Column 4: Pre-Request

Column 3 for the Spirit:

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/tours/bf_spirit_tour_2006.pdf

An example of one description from this PDF:

"AIRBOAT ADVENTURE

Approximate Duration: 2 1/4 hours Level 1 Imagine seeing the world in a whole new light. This educational excursion takes you into the seldom-visited heart of natural Florida. You will experience beautiful protected wetland hammocks within the heart of the Central Florida Everglades. Travel by airboat into pristine sections of fresh water marshes and up river, into the Bald-Cypress swamp, home of the Florida alligator, American bald eagle and a huge assortment of wildlife. You’ll fall in love with the original beauty of old Florida. Certified eco-guides, biologists, botanists and Audubon experts are trained to ensure that you come away with a new and profound understanding of Florida’s vastly different land and plant communities and the importance of their interrelationship and preservation. You’ll see up close a marvelous assortment of birds, reptiles and plants as your expedition explores an area of the Central Florida Everglades. Here in the middle of nowhere, the day’s experience starts with your guide’s narrative en-route to Lone Cabbage, a 100-year-old outpost and turn-of-the-century fish camp. Here you will board your 15-passenger airboat for a ride to the Central Florida Everglades. Learn about the fresh water ecosystem of the St. John’s River, alligators and the huge assortment of wonderful creatures that call this swamp habitat home. Afterwards, you may sample alligator tail and enjoy a soft drink. Note: Wildlife sightings are frequent, but not guaranteed. "

I like the way Princess does the description better but most of the info anyone would require is in the NCL descriptions.

Zeno - your wonderful - I swear I was doing that before and all I got was the sign up form thank you tons - I'll bring you back some sand

No problem - personally I find the way NCL has that page set up to be confusing and not intuitive. Looking forward to the sand - a little blue water might be nice too.

There are two links, one is a text link with the schedule, prices, and times, and the other is a link with a file which has descriptions. No indication of which is which or that they are two different things. Horrible web design.

There are two links, one is a text link with the schedule, prices, and times, and the other is a link with a file which has descriptions. No indication of which is which or that they are two different things. Horrible web design.

I've seen worse - but you are right it could be a LOT better. I know when I first went to that page, it really took me a while to figure it out.

Archived