ChurchPlanters - tell me more

rautx

about what you are planning? I read that you sold everything and moved down - which is our next step. We are coming down in November and hopefully will start construction on our home in Uvero. I would love to hear more about your mission - please email me if you would like to talk. I currently homeschool my only child but also plan on being involved with the local school in Majahual.

We did sell most all of our household and moved to Majahaul for nine months in 2002-03. Since then DH has finished his degree and graduated from Luther Rice Seminary near Atlanta. We are leading an evangelical mission trip to Playa del Carmen and Majahaul July 2-10 this week. We want to return full time but we await the Lord's plan. We are doing this mission work in Majahaul because there is NO church there. A group of believers (Seventh Day Adv.) were meeting but there is no established permenant church in this mixed commuity of around 500 Mayan, Mexican, Europeans, expatriated Americans and tourists. Need all the help we can get.

• 2 weeks later...
I post this update on the churches in Majahaul. Four months ago a wooden (crude) Catholic church was built. It is located back away from the beach road, next to the "Technology School", with a very tall wooden pole that has a cross attached at the top. I asked at Tapas Bar and was told a seminary student comes every Friday to conduct Mass, then returns to Chetumal. This is the first permanent church building for Majahaul.

We located many of the little non-denominational church that we had begun years ago in the bleacher shed north of the "campo de fotbol" (soccer field). They still live far south of M. and are meeting at the family's patriarch's home. They were as glad to see us, as we were them. We found many of the Seventh Day Adventist in the area around Tienda Esmeralda's. They are also having home Bible Studies. The Lord's work continues. During this evangelical mission trip 17 souls trusted Christ as Savior and 5 rededicated their lives to Him. The worship rally in the evening was enjoyed by as many as 38 people. Sadly, DH and I received confirmation in the spirit that our work in Majahaul is completed. The Lord will bring a new worker to this area to continue what was begun. And soon we will have a new direction. I bid you great people a fond farewell.

Archived