What is Margaritaville?

Icon5

This might sound stupid to some, but I have never heard of Margaritaville before.

Since I am from Canada I am not too familiar with this restaurant,bar,pool...or errrrrrr

Could someone fill me in on the concept...ehhh:)

Margaritaville,named after one of Jimmy Buffett's songs, on the surface is a themed rest. They are, for parrottheads (people who are into listening to Buffett) destinations. I've been to the one in Charleston, SC and the food is actually pretty good, with very reasonable prices (although I doubt the prices will be that great in GT). Attached to the rest. is a shop with all sorts of JB related items, shirts, mugs, CDs, posters, etc. If you haven't heard any Buffett music, pick up his "Songs You Know by Heart" CD. Its an early-mid carrer greatest hits-kind of a mix of tropical-country-pop. Its good stuff!!! You don't really hear him much on the radio (except some here in the south), but his concerts are sold out within minutes of going on sale. They are really more of a giant party as opposed to just a concert-I've been to 3 so far-he has a huge following.

Anyway.....probably more than you wanted to know.:)

Enjoy

KOS

Thanks for the info you both......

So I gues then I can say its a restaurant with some apres meal activities?

do they charge you to use the pool and stuff?

It is a restaurant...much like a Friday's or Applebees. We've eaten at the Margariavtille in Ocho Rios, Las Vegas, and Key West. They are all about the same...more or less. They may have had more seafood at the one in Ocho and Key West, but I am not exactly sure on that. The food was pretty good...but the atmosphere is fun and that's why my kids wanted to go there.

There's a also Margaritaville that is about to open in Grand Cayman.

I was in Grand Turk a few weeks ago. Margaritaville is right at the new cruise terminal, which also has a few souvenier shops and a giant pool. The entire area is beach front, right at the end of the pier, and is similar to hanging out at any resort hotel in the Caribbean. The pool, lounge chairs, and beach are free to guests. There is a DJ there that keeps the entertainment going, with lots of contests and music. There is really little else to do in Grand Turk so most of the guests on our cruise ended up here for a good part of the day.

The food in Margaritaville was good (typical burgers) but definitely a little pricey. Overall we enjoyed the stop.

Jimmy Buffets Margartaville is an overpriced "FRIDAYS". Generic food fare.They have one in Ocho Rios. We went in, saw how crowded it was, looked at the menu & left. We ended having lunch in town. Eating curry goat & jerk chicken. You're in these countries to see & sample. Go for it!!! Turned out to be a good decision.

Agree for the most part with above post BUT in GT there isn't any local stuff near the terminal and if you want to have some decent food, a drink and hang out by the pool Margaritaville is it.. IMHO it wasn't that pricey and the nachos and drinks were good.. we ate "upstairs".. wasn't quite finished decor-wise but quieter, nice view of water and ship and COOLER! :)

It's Jimmy Buffet's place, although I am not sure he actually owns them these days.
I'd be surprised if he didn't still own at least a large portion of the company. In addition to being a singer/song writer and an author, Jimmy is a shrewd businessman.

I've been to the one in Las Vegas. I had a good time, but I'm pretty sure I won't spend much time in the one in Grand Turk as there are other things I'd much rather do than go to a chain restaurant/bar.

I'd be surprised if he didn't still own at least a large portion of the company. In addition to being a singer/song writer and an author, Jimmy is a shrewd businessman.

I've been to the one in Las Vegas. I had a good time, but I'm pretty sure I won't spend much time in the one in Grand Turk as there are other things I'd much rather do than go to a chain restaurant/bar.

We're just not sure what to do in Grand Turk. We really don't want to swim or sit on the beach....I don't know. I need to do a little more research on this place.

I don't know when or where, but I thought I'd heard he sold his ownership in Margaritaville (at least the restaurant part-maybe not the merchandise). He may be a shrewd businessman, and it may be someone offered him the $$$ to sell out. But I could be wrong... :)

There isn't much else to do in GT and DON'T get TAKEN by the shore excursion that says "trolley train ride to the beach plus tour" There is NO tour, so they charge you 31 bucks to ride a kiddie train to a beach!

ENJOY. It's fun at Margaretaville! I've been to several.

There isn't much else to do in GT and DON'T get TAKEN by the shore excursion that says "trolley train ride to the beach plus tour" There is NO tour, so they charge you 31 bucks to ride a kiddie train to a beach!

ENJOY. It's fun at Margaretaville! I've been to several.

Thanks, Donna.

I'd thought about doing the trolley, but if it's not worth the money, we'll just hang at Margaritaville for the day. :)

Agree for the most part with above post BUT in GT there isn't any local stuff near the terminal and if you want to have some decent food, a drink and hang out by the pool Margaritaville is it.. IMHO it wasn't that pricey and the nachos and drinks were good.. we ate "upstairs".. wasn't quite finished decor-wise but quieter, nice view of water and ship and COOLER! :)

How far is Govenors Beach from the port? I work with someone just back from GT. He said that there is nothing to do on GT! Does anyone have any suggestions, other than staying at the port?

I don't know when or where, but I thought I'd heard he sold his ownership in Margaritaville (at least the restaurant part-maybe not the merchandise). He may be a shrewd businessman, and it may be someone offered him the $$$ to sell out. But I could be wrong... :)

You must be thinking of the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurants - he sold out his partnership to Outback Steakhouses. He's still in control of all the Margaritavilles.

• 4 weeks later...

Margaritaville, it is not a destination but a state of mind....:cool:

All parrot heads must seek out and patronize each local establishment. Jimmy does maintain interest and eventually plays at each location at least once.

You can print out a free margarita coupon for all the caribbean locations at margaritaville.com. Just find the lost shaker of salt.

See you there on the 18th of December!

go to www.margaritavillecaribbean.com and find the missing shaker of salt. You will be able to print out a certificate good for a free margarita or soda in any Margaritaville in the Caribbean. Hint: keep going into the stores. It isn't always in the same store, but if you keep going out and going into the store, you should be able to find it. I found it in the coffee store.

Archived