Miami Hotel with Free parking and Shuttle to Pier???

Samdel

Hi,

I've heard of a hotel or 2 in Miami that had free parking during your cruise

and they have a secure parking lot. Has anyone heard of it and if so, where and $$.

Kim & Les.....Valor 10/1 06

I found a Miami hotel online that offered free shuttle to the port. What a joke. It was supposed to make a run every half an hour. We waited for 2 hours...voiced our complaint to the desk...they didnt seem to care...we got tired of waiting and called a cab. Lesson learned. There is nothing free in the world...you get what you pay for. We didn't let this ruin our cruise tho...we just won't ever stay at this hotel again... :)

We stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites, if you don't mind airplane noise(it is right by the airport) and nothing nearby it was $82.00 per night with a free shuttle at 10am and noon to the port and free parking while you are on the cruise. The hotel was nothing spectacular, but it had a nice breakfast buffet(free) and a nice outdoor pool.

Lisa:)

The La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East (formerly Baymont Miami Airport) has a shuttle to the peir. It was converted to a La quinta when Blackstone group ( La Quinta's Owner) sold the Baymont brand to Cendant in early April. (Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, etc) All former Baymont corporate properties are now La quinta. If you are driving your car and want to park at the hotel, call La Quinta or go to their website and use the promo code STAYGO. This code is usually used for hotel airport parking, but can also be used for cruise parking, as the hotel has a shuttle. I believe that the price with the STAYGO rate was around $83, which includes a buffet continental breakfast. (eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.)

I'm afraid I cant help much but I can tell you where not to stay.........

The Days Inn port has free parking and a free shuttle but do not under any circumstances stay here. It was the worst hotel I have every stayed in. The room was infested with cockroaches. They had one shuttle (seated 9 pax) that tried to go to the pier and the airport and bayside Marketplace. It was a joke. We waited two hours for the 'free' shuttle. Worst hotel experience of my life.

Next time I wont worry about a hotel with a free shuttle and just take a taxi.

Linda

I was wondering about the safety of our car while we're on the cruise. Any comments or thoughts on this and were you concerned?

To be honest, yes I was concerned about the safety of my car because I just bought a new car 2 weeks before we left for the cruise. We parked in front of the hotel, there is a camera mounted on top of the entrance to the hotel, that made me feel a little better. We were pleasantly surprised when we got back from the cruise to find my car exactly as we left it!!!!!:) Now that all is said and done, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't think you will have any problems if you are staying at the Baymont. Good luck and have a great time on your cruise!!!!!!

That's where we are staying in Sept. Picked it for the rate and free shuttle.

Anywhere nearby there to eat or to buy beer... anyone?

Yes there is a Bennigan's in walking distance of the hotel(it is actually right in front of the hotel), from what I understand, that is about it though. We didn't venture out at all, driving around Miami was too scary for me:D , so I really can't help with anything you could drive to nearby. Oh, and be careful if you are buying beer, don't get it at the BP a little up the road, my husband was quite upset when he paid $16.95 for a 12 pack, and they don't have the prices marked so you have no idea what you are paying until the cashier rings it up.

Also, sorry if I'm confusing anyone by still calling the hotel Baymont, I keep forgetting that it changed to LaQuinta.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm afraid I cant help much but I can tell you where not to stay.........

The Days Inn port has free parking and a free shuttle but do not under any circumstances stay here. It was the worst hotel I have every stayed in. The room was infested with cockroaches. They had one shuttle (seated 9 pax) that tried to go to the pier and the airport and bayside Marketplace. It was a joke. We waited two hours for the 'free' shuttle. Worst hotel experience of my life.

Next time I wont worry about a hotel with a free shuttle and just take a taxi.

Linda

Is this the Days Inn Airport that you are referring to? Cuz this is where our TA has booked us????:eek: Is the Hotel PINK??

I just noticed you are from Cranbrook, B.C. I grew up in Clearbrook, B.C. (now Abbotsford) All our mail used to go to Cranbrook by mistake. :D I live in Kansas now (that's what happens when you marry an American citizen :confused: ) My mom lives in Summerland, B.C. and am leaving in couple weeks to go see her for the Summer.

Linda

Archived