Playa Uvas

rscima

Has anyone done Playa Uvas when their ship doesn't get in until after noon?

We're coming in on Carnival's Imagination and we don't get there until 1... but we're there until 10pm. Does Playa Uvas have hours similar to other beaches? I've come across most closing around 5 pm?

I'd love to do the all inclusive package but want to get the most for my money and I want to do it all! :) Snorkel, Kayak, have lunch, get a massage etc... will we have time?

Are the snorkel tours and kayak tours only at certain times? Or do they wait until they have a group?

Does it have to be "lunch" that you eat? or can you eat later?

Has anyone done Playa Uvas when their ship doesn't get in until after noon?

We're coming in on Carnival's Imagination and we don't get there until 1... but we're there until 10pm. Does Playa Uvas have hours similar to other beaches? I've come across most closing around 5 pm?

I believe all of the beaches begin to close around 4:30 or 5pm the reason they do this is because that is when most cruisers begin to leave so there's no reason for them to be open anymore.

I'd love to do the all inclusive package but want to get the most for my money and I want to do it all! :) Snorkel, Kayak, have lunch, get a massage etc... will we have time?

You should have enough time, but to be on the safe side, email Eduardo.

Are the snorkel tours and kayak tours only at certain times? Or do they wait until they have a group?

I would send Eduardo an email.

Does it have to be "lunch" that you eat? or can you eat later?

You can eat whenever you like! Of course, I would eat after I'm done snorkeling and kayaking. ;)

i am wondering the same....i have never been to coz b4 and im so confused as to which beach to pick,:confused: i have read so many boards and i still cant make up my mind between paradise beach, playa mia, nachi ocom and uvas. any more feedback for me to read from recent visitors would be great!! thanks

We were there in Sept. and did not see any beach beds. We chose Playa Uvas because we wanted to try clear kayaking. We had a blast! They had great miami vices :p - and the fish selection for lunch was DELICIOUS!! My husband liked his fajitas, too! The beach is rocky, but they do have a small pool, too. I was surprised (somewhat pleasantly) that they played Sirius satellite radio music!

Playa Uvas no longer have beach beds. They have updated their website & have removed any pictures that represented that. However, I believe that they still have hammocks. :) I will report back with my review when I return from my cruise in Dec.

Edited by lady in tx

If you decide not to get AUV1-(All Inclusive package) the total amount to rent a locker is $9. $4 to rent the locker plus a $5 key deposit. When you return the key they will reimburse $5.

They also have towels that you can rent there as well. They are $3 to rent plus a $5 deposit.

My my husband and I and our 2 sons went to Playa Uvas Thursday Oct. 30, what a great experience we had there. I had made reservations online so they had our names listed on a board, kind of made me feel special!

Me and 1 son did the snorkeling tour, it was awesome. I had only previously snorkeled twice before in the ocean, my son had only tried snorkeling in a swimming pool. He didn’t enjoy it as much as I did because he kept getting saltwater in his mouth. I loved it, I thought it was like being in an aquarium, I saw so many different fish and the water was so clear and there was so much to see. My only regret is I had purchased a disposable underwater camera to use for snorkeling and I left it at home. I had thought about trying to buy one but when it came time to snorkel I completely forgot about a camera, so I have no pictures to show anybody of how amazing it was.

My husband and our other son just wanted to kick back on the beach so they found lounge chairs and enjoyed the beach. They said the service was great.

Unfortunately I had planned too much to try to do in a day in Cozumel so after the snorkeling tour we may have laid around on the beach for 30 minutes longer than we had to leave so we didn’t have time to look around Playa Uvas.

We had a great visit at Play Uvas and if I get to go back to Cozumel, I’ll definitely go there.

Thank you cruise critic members, if I hadn't been on this board I wouldn't have known about this place.

Sharon

Thanks for the info Laura. Can we just show up at Playa Uvas and pick our package then or do we need to reserve in advance? Sorry if someone already answered this. There are so many posts to sort through!

Charlene,

I would recommend that you reserve in advance. Playa Uvas only allows a certain # of ppl to be there and I would hate it if they have already reached their limit and you would have to be turned away. If you are planning on doing snorkeling, kayaking or getting a massage I would also recommend that you book in advance with them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.:)

My my husband and I and our 2 sons went to Playa Uvas Thursday Oct. 30, what a great experience we had there. I had made reservations online so they had our names listed on a board, kind of made me feel special!

Me and 1 son did the snorkeling tour, it was awesome. I had only previously snorkeled twice before in the ocean, my son had only tried snorkeling in a swimming pool. He didn’t enjoy it as much as I did because he kept getting saltwater in his mouth. I loved it, I thought it was like being in an aquarium, I saw so many different fish and the water was so clear and there was so much to see. My only regret is I had purchased a disposable underwater camera to use for snorkeling and I left it at home. I had thought about trying to buy one but when it came time to snorkel I completely forgot about a camera, so I have no pictures to show anybody of how amazing it was.

My husband and our other son just wanted to kick back on the beach so they found lounge chairs and enjoyed the beach. They said the service was great.

Unfortunately I had planned too much to try to do in a day in Cozumel so after the snorkeling tour we may have laid around on the beach for 30 minutes longer than we had to leave so we didn’t have time to look around Playa Uvas.

We had a great visit at Play Uvas and if I get to go back to Cozumel, I’ll definitely go there.

Thank you cruise critic members, if I hadn't been on this board I wouldn't have known about this place.

Sharon

Sharon,

Great review!! I can feel your pain about the water camera. That happened to me when I went there last time. I was so mad at myself for leaving it at our condo! :mad: lol :rolleyes:

Once again, thank your for posting a review...it made me feel like I was there again...

65 pages and I admit I didn't read them all. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

I am seriously considering Playa Uvas for the clear kayaking (we are frequent kayakers, but usually on green Chesepeake Bay waters). But I noticed on the webpage, Playa Uvas closes at 4pm. Our ship docks at 10am, so I am thinking it will be 11 at the earliest before we can get there. Think we will feel like we got our money's worth?

65 pages and I admit I didn't read them all. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

I am seriously considering Playa Uvas for the clear kayaking (we are frequent kayakers, but usually on green Chesepeake Bay waters). But I noticed on the webpage, Playa Uvas closes at 4pm. Our ship docks at 10am, so I am thinking it will be 11 at the earliest before we can get there. Think we will feel like we got our money's worth?

I think you will!! Several beaches in cozumel close around 4pm anyways.

Mr Sancho is open until 6pm according to some website, i think thisiscozumel.com if I remember. For the price of the package at uvas, I think will save my appetite for world famous carlos n charlies, buy a few drinks as I go and a small bite at mr sancho's rather then pay all that money for package. I think if one is looking for a full beach day and doesnt care about all the extras, and a nice beach that isnt rocky from what i read- mr sanco is the way go to

Mr Sancho is open until 6pm according to some website, i think thisiscozumel.com if I remember. For the price of the package at uvas, I think will save my appetite for world famous carlos n charlies, buy a few drinks as I go and a small bite at mr sancho's rather then pay all that money for package. I think if one is looking for a full beach day and doesnt care about all the extras, and a nice beach that isnt rocky from what i read- mr sanco is the way go to

Tell me does mr sancho or carlos n charlies offer snorkeling or kayaking and an AI package which includes drinks and food for a great price??