Brilliance Ultimate Caribbean Formal Nights?

We are going on the Brilliance in January and I have a question. On the web site it states 11 night cruise is 3 formal nights. Another person going on this cruise emailed RC and got a response that there is only 2 formal nights. Can anyone who has been on this trip let us know which is the correct answer? Thanks for all your help! :D

We are going on the Brilliance in January and I have a question. On the web site it states 11 night cruise is 3 formal nights. Another person going on this cruise emailed RC and got a response that there is only 2 formal nights. Can anyone who has been on this trip let us know which is the correct answer? Thanks for all your help! :D

This is from the RCL webside under "Life Onboard"...10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual. 14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual. We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

Hope this helps!

Steve

I have done that cruise and we had 3 formal nights. If someone who had sailed her a year before hadn't told us this on the Roll Call, we would not have known to pack a third outfit.

I am positive of this. My husband used his rented tux 3 times, even though you only get 2 shirts with it.

I just copied this off the RCCL website. I believe the one posted above was an older version that was not removed from the site. You can see this answer by asking the site search the question: formal nights on an 11 night cruise.

It lists all the ships dining rooms, how many nights of formal and what the other dress codes are for the remainder of the nights. ;)

Royal Caribbean International - Main Dining Room On Brilliance Of The Seas night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and four casual nights. 10, 11, and 12-night cruises include three formal nights and three smart casual nights;

I am confused or are they? I am pretty sure the correct answer is three.

If you go to life onboard it states two:

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4 - night cruises include one formal night and the remainder nights are casual.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual. 7 to 9 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights casual.

10 to 13-night cruises include two formal nights, two smart casual nights, and the remainder nights casual.

14+ - night cruises include three formal nights, four smart casual nights and the remainder nights casual.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

if you go down to the ship Brilliance this is what it states:

During the day, casual clothes are fine for the main dining room. In the evening, there are three distinct types of dress onboard: casual, smart casual and formal.

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and two or three casual nights.

5 - night cruises include one formal and the remainder nights casual.

6 - night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder nights casual.

7-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and four casual nights.

10, 11, and 12-night cruises include three formal nights and three smart casual nights; all other nights are casual.

14 and 15-night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights. All other nights are casual.

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Bare feet or bathing suits are not allowed at any time in the dining room and shorts are not permitted at dinner. Each ship also offers a variety of casual dining options, for example, the Windjammer Café.

I am also confused. :) I was talking about the Brilliance Southern Caribbean cruise on the Brilliance. Are you asking about the Panama Canal cruise?If so, that is different than the one I took. I see it is now only 9 nights.

Disregard all I wrote. ;) :)

When the Brilliance does European cruises for 11 nights, 3 Formal nights apply. Once the Brilliance goes to the Caribbean, they go back to the normal schedule as posted on the website...2 formal nights on 11 night cruises. I was on the 11 night Brilliance "Ultimate Caribbean Cruise" several years ago.

European cruises tend to be dressier affairs thus the 3 night changeover.

It is as confusing as it gets.:confused: We were on the April 17th 11 day Panama Canal Cruise and were told we would have three formal and two smart casual nights. In reality we had two formal nights and one smart casual. My advice would be to ask again here when your cruise gets closer, or just plan for the three formal and hope for two.

Aubie

We are on the 26/03/07 Brilliance Panama cruise. Does anyone know which nights are formal during the 11 night cruise? Depending on our group we may want to go to Chops or Portofino's instead which impacts our shore excursions.

When the Brilliance does European cruises for 11 nights, 3 Formal nights apply. Once the Brilliance goes to the Caribbean, they go back to the normal schedule as posted on the website...2 formal nights on 11 night cruises. I was on the 11 night Brilliance "Ultimate Caribbean Cruise" several years ago.

European cruises tend to be dressier affairs thus the 3 night changeover.

I think this is really funny. That is the same cruise I took and spoke of in my earlier postings. That is the one that had the 3 formal nights. :D :rolleyes:

Archived