Pre-inaugural cruisers - dress question?

I'm lucky enough to be on the two-night sailing on May 31, and just received my confirmation today. It states that the evening dress is resort casual the first night and BLACK TIE the second night. I'm completely fine with that; I'm just curious if anyone else had a Black Tie night? (It seems even more strange that they worded it that way rather than formal...Black Tie is a step above formal, I know.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Freedom in person! :)

Ella -We too are on the two nite May 31, I have not received any info as of yet....Did it say what time boarding is? We are coming from Seattle and arrive at 7:00am so I hope it is not too long of a wait. I have been on Inaurgurals before and have seen people where evening gowns...not me this time, packing lite.

Laura, my confirmation says boarding is from noon to 3:00 pm. I'm in Southern California and will be flying in the night before. My business partner is meeting me there, and we will definitely be at the pier by noon. I want to enjoy as much time on the ship as I can. :)

You may not be able to get into the area right away with such an early arrival. The free transfers start at 10:30 am, so you're probably best just to grab some breakfast at the airport and hang out until they start.

Ella, Thanks for the info. I am hoping to change our reservation to arrive the nite before, because it is Memorial Day I don't know what my chances will be....I am using AA miles. Did your confirmation say what kind of room you would get...Our rep Lionel said it is suppose to be oceanview..:o

The confirmation says that rooms are assigned at the pier, so I guess it's the luck of the draw! :)

Memorial Day is MONDAY, by the way, and the ship sails on WEDNESDAY...so you may be able to get a flight out on Tuesday. I'm actually getting back from a quick family weekend cruise on Memorial Day and have to leave the next day for this cruise.

Can't wait!

I was on the 5/16-5/18 cruise out of Cape Liberty. Black Tie was most definitely the dress of choice for the formal evening. Lots of guys with tuxedos and I saw many women in floor length gowns. Otherwise, business casual was the dress of choice. Not too many people with jeans, sweats, etc until the last morning. We had beautiful sunny weather on Wednesday and a lot of folks enjoyed the pool area in bathing suits.

I'm lucky enough to be on the two-night sailing on May 31, and just received my confirmation today. It states that the evening dress is resort casual the first night and BLACK TIE the second night. I'm completely fine with that; I'm just curious if anyone else had a Black Tie night? (It seems even more strange that they worded it that way rather than formal...Black Tie is a step above formal, I know.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Freedom in person! :)

I am just off a 2 nighter and we had the same dress code.

ABout 70% of the guests complied with true black tie. There were also suits and pretty dresses and a few sport coats.

And then of course there were those in jeans and capris, but only a VERY small number. It was quite rude IMO and they looked ignorant :mad:.

Archived