Cab from Nynashamn to Stockholm?

Does anybody have any idea how much it would cost to take a cab from Nynashamn to Stockholm (and back again)? We are trying to get to Stockholm as quickly as possible and don't want to take the train.

Do a search on this topic. It was asked a number of times last season and there was some good information available with regards to cost, driving time, and who to contact if you wanted to make reservations. Have fun.

Does anybody have any idea how much it would cost to take a cab from Nynashamn to Stockholm (and back again)? We are trying to get to Stockholm as quickly as possible and don't want to take the train.

I just tried myself doing a search and I had trouble using the search feature on this board. But, there is a lot of information posted somewhere. Just go back and take some time to review all the postings from last season's cruisers. I know that the postings here go back at least as far as April 2004. So the information is there. Good luck.

While doing research for our August 23, 2006 Baltic on Star Princess this is what our roll call has learned:

info@taxinynas.se

the cost for at taxi Nynäshamn-Stockholm is 105$ and Stockholm-Nynäshamn 95$

Taxi.Bokning@sto.taxikurir.se

We do have a fixed price from Nynäshamn to Stockholm which is 695 Skr.

The price is the same in both directions.

thomas.deling@taxistockholm.se

We offer this service, going from/to Nynäshamn. The cost is with a car

for 4 persons SEK 650:- And with a car for 5-7 persons SEK 975

I hope this helps

There is another aspect than cost that you may want to consider before deciding between a taxi and the train.

The road from Nynäshamn to Stockholm is not a very good road. In fact it has a very bad reputation. It is one of the worst in Sweden for accidents for instance. For this reason it has been decided to improve it. Construction work has started this year and will go on for the next years. Construction work can slow down the speed of traffic considerably. I don’t drive that road myself so I don’t know to what degree the present work affects the traffic. And of course should there be an accident the traffic may come to more or less a stand still.

It may also be good to know that this road is used a lot from spring to autumn. It is the road to areas where many who live in Stockholm have their week-end/summer homes. It is particularly bad going from Nynäshamn to Stockholm on a Monday morning, and from Stockholm on a Friday afternoon. I don’t know on which days Princess ships are in Nynäshamn. In the middle of the summer this is less of a problem, when not so many go back to the city to work.

I don’t want to sound negative, but I want you to be aware that going by car is not necessarily the quick way to go. The train may be the best option if you get off the tender at a time when there is only a short wait for the train.

In the end, bad things can happen either way

Archived