Okay what's going on in NO Nov 6th?? I can't find a hotel room ANYWHERE!!

Rdytocruise

Does Anyone know whats going on? I have gone to so many hotels trying to find a room and they all say they are booked! I went to the NO vistors site and put in my dates and no luck with any of the 20 or so hotels i looked at!

Any ideas????

As far as I can tell, there's nothing major going on in the city wknd of 11/6-7. The Run thru History is, but that's mostly locals, and a Christmas in N.O., but that's in Kenner. The Saints aren't even playing in town that wknd. Could possibly be some huge convention(s) that I'm not aware of.

I just made a quick search for you and found about 20+ hotels with vacancies.

Go to: http://www.neworleans.com, then click on Visitors Guide. About an inch down on the page there's a place to till in dates for hotels.

Cotton

Thanks so much for the website. Problem is when i enter my date in and then all the hotels come up, when i actually try to make a reservation, they are all booked. I swear i ve looked at at least 50 by now. Can a convention take up the space of 50 hotels??? This is driving me crazy!!

Aimee

Okay perhaps i have answered my own question. Does anyone think this might be the reason for no hotels?

Tulane Greenwave vs. Navy Football Starts: 11/06/04

Louisiana Superdome. Tulane Greenwave vs. Navy Football. Details coming soon.

Okay perhaps i have answered my own question. Does anyone think this might be the reason for no hotels?

Tulane Greenwave vs. Navy Football Starts: 11/06/04

Louisiana Superdome. Tulane Greenwave vs. Navy Football. Details coming soon.

I really don't that would be it. The local Tulane fans wouldn't be booking the hotels, and by George, if the NAVY is footing the bill for that many hotel rooms for the cadets, I want a tax refund!:)

So often, there are MANY large conventionsf held in the city at one time. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell ya.

You may have to stay just outside the city....maybe Metairie or Kenner? Many, many hotels and motels there - and not but 10-15 min. further away from CBD and the Quarter.

• 3 weeks later...

We had the same problem. Staying a long weekend and looked in Sept., Oct. and Nov. Could hardly find anything. Finally got a room at the Wyndham for the weekend of November 11. During booking on Southwest's web-site, it shut me down indicating the hotel was no longer available. Started over and it finally booked. Don't know exactly what is going on during that time period.

• 1 month later...

Yes, November 6 is American Heart Association. 30,000 people on expense accounts means hard to find hotels and hard to get reservations at the popular and well known restaurants.

I'd suggest trying some B&Bs like Fairchild House, Belleville Cottage, House of the Rising Sun or Magnolia Mansion. Also for great meals at little known places ask your B&B host/hostess beforehand for suggestions and then you can make reservations ahead of time. You may be able to secure odd times at the popular places which would involve eating dinner at 5pm or 1030pm.

Good luck.

We also found it hard to find a room several months ago for that week-end. Finally found one on Hotwire for $104. (No luck at all on Priceline up to $175!) I will be attending NCTM (National Teacher of Mathematics) that Th-Sat. There are several thousand there also. Hope you find something.

Archived