Price Drop Question

Hey everyone. I am sailing on the Glory on June 17 and have been reading about some people recieving onboard credit because the price of their cruise has dropped since they paid for it. I just checked the price of the cruise and it has dropped, but I was wondering if it is too late to get any kind of credit because the cruise is only 28 days away? I don't want to come off as complaning, just curious. Thank you for any responses.

Carolina, just before a cruise a coupla years ago, I found a lower rate than I had paid. It was on a Friday afternoon before a Monday cruise. I immediately called my PVP, and was given a really nice OBC. So no, it's never too late. Make that call!:)

The person to ask is your agent. SOme agents give it out after final payment some dont. Depends how the pricing is working for your cruise.

THe price you are seeing that has dropped does it include port charges and governement taxes?

It dont hurt to ask the worse then can happen is the agent says no.

But you could get a free upgrade or cabin credit.

How much did it drop?

The person to ask is your agent. SOme agents give it out after final payment some dont. Depends how the pricing is working for your cruise.

THe price you are seeing that has dropped does it include port charges and governement taxes?

It dont hurt to ask the worse then can happen is the agent says no.

But you could get a free upgrade or cabin credit.

How much did it drop?

We booked the cruise directly through carnival around the beginning of the year at $799 per person and it is not down to $599 per person. I am def. going to call, it can't hurt to ask. Thank you for all of the help. :)

Since cruise prices fluctuate all the time please do not put off til later the call to ask about the reduction in price. Since you booked direct with Carnival -if your agent is not in--ask to speak to someone else who could help you. If a free upgrade is there instead you are losing good cabin choices by waiting.

Hey everyone. I am sailing on the Glory on June 17 and have been reading about some people recieving onboard credit because the price of their cruise has dropped since they paid for it. I just checked the price of the cruise and it has dropped, but I was wondering if it is too late to get any kind of credit because the cruise is only 28 days away? I don't want to come off as complaning, just curious. Thank you for any responses.

We booked the same cruise yesterday and we got it for $599 but the advertising was kind of false. It said $599 but that was with a major discount $749 was the real price and we got the $599 with a military discount (my husband was once active). Our room is the teeniest we can get, I think, for that price, but having been on before, I don't think it matters. The girl was pretty adamant about no cheaper prices even with discounts so I think you may be out of luck on the $599 unless you have a valid disc...not sure what that may be. You can just share with us...lol.

On another note, do they have forums where people can detail the ships they've been on? I was on the Imagination last year and it was fabulous and I'm actually a little nervous that this ship, the "Glory", is not so nice. Has anyone been on this ship and how old is it? I can't seem to find details on it but haven't had time to look 'cause we have 4 kidz between us (much needed vacation, of course). Any advice on the destination possibilities and beauty of this ship would be great! Thanks.

We got a $230 on board credit with our cruise only 31 days away at the time. Never hurts to ask.

We booked the same cruise yesterday and we got it for $599 but the advertising was kind of false. It said $599 but that was with a major discount $749 was the real price and we got the $599 with a military discount (my husband was once active). Our room is the teeniest we can get, I think, for that price, but having been on before, I don't think it matters. The girl was pretty adamant about no cheaper prices even with discounts so I think you may be out of luck on the $599 unless you have a valid disc...not sure what that may be. You can just share with us...lol.

On another note, do they have forums where people can detail the ships they've been on? I was on the Imagination last year and it was fabulous and I'm actually a little nervous that this ship, the "Glory", is not so nice. Has anyone been on this ship and how old is it? I can't seem to find details on it but haven't had time to look 'cause we have 4 kidz between us (much needed vacation, of course). Any advice on the destination possibilities and beauty of this ship would be great! Thanks.

the teenie tinyest cabins are 185 sq ft so don't get worked up over being in a shoebox.

Also the ship you sailed on last year was 70,000 tons and built in 1995. The Glory was built in 2003 and is 110,000 tons.

Relax and enjoy!:)

Bill

This is good information, we haven't booked our cruise, because it's so far away (planning April 2007 on the new Freedom). But once we do, it's good information to have if the prices do fluctuate.

I was on the Imagination when it was a brand new ship, can't believe it's been 10 years. It was a fantastic experience! Enjoy your cruise on the Glory!

On another note, do they have forums where people can detail the ships they've been on? .

Go to the top and there's a box. On the left, there are Carnival and member 'review' sites you can click onto.:)

This is good information, we haven't booked our cruise, because it's so far away (planning April 2007 on the new Freedom). But once we do, it's good information to have if the prices do fluctuate.

!

If you know what you want when you want it book it soon. If you need to cancel you have til final payment is due to get your money back.

We booked the Caribbean Princess in November 2005 for a sailing on February 18, 2007. THe sailing has went up in pirce to a little over 250.00 -the third pass rate has went up over 100. So for 3 people that would save almost 600.00

Come on over to the roll call boards and join us in preparation for this voyage!!:D

Archived