An Early Start

VICKIVICKI

Having over 50 people to buy Christmas gifts for, and 17 stockings to stuff, now is about the time of year I start to get seriousabout my Christmas shopping. We will be taking a cruise on the Conquest in january, so I was planning to stuff the stockings of the 9 going with us , with items they can use on the ship. We will be bringing some of our adult kids[both sexes] and their spouses, plus my son L.J.[who will be 12] and my granddaughter who is 8 years old. I was hoping you could give me some ideas[both practical and whimsical] on what to stuff their stockings with.I am alreay planning on disposable underwater cameras, sunscreen, nail polish, trial sized toiletries, sunblock,travel games,rolls of quarters for the slot machines.Any other ideas?

What a cute idea! For nicer gifts, how about shore excursions? For more whimsical, how about a tshirt for your granddaughter that says:

"My Grandparents went on a cruise and took me instead of buying me a t-shirt!"

When we have gone with groups in the past we bought each person one of those flashing light-up "ice cubes". They look like the real thing but they flash different colors in your drink or your water glass. We would always be sure to bring them to the dining room for dinner. The waiters really enjoyed them and so do the kids. We always have fun using them. I ordered them on the internet after doing a Google search (sorry, I don't remember the website).

How about those little battery operated fans, some even come with a mister to help cool you off. Walkie Talkies would also be great family gifts so you could all be on the same sequence, just make sure that you get them with enough sequences.

Having over 50 people to buy Christmas gifts for, and 17 stockings to stuff, now is about the time of year I start to get seriousabout my Christmas shopping. We will be taking a cruise on the Conquest in january, so I was planning to stuff the stockings of the 9 going with us , with items they can use on the ship. We will be bringing some of our adult kids[both sexes] and their spouses, plus my son L.J.[who will be 12] and my granddaughter who is 8 years old. I was hoping you could give me some ideas[both practical and whimsical] on what to stuff their stockings with.I am alreay planning on disposable underwater cameras, sunscreen, nail polish, trial sized toiletries, sunblock,travel games,rolls of quarters for the slot machines.Any other ideas?

Off of the top of my head, I vote for drink coupons for the adults and soda cards for the kids. I'll keep thinking ;)

You could bring me to babysit! :)

Sounds like you will have a great time.

Regards,

Arlene

How about cute little sparkly purses, or jewelry to wear with formal wear? Also was thinking you could give a coupon "good for one group photo" that you would fulfill on the ship...

Have a wonderful time!!

Archived