First-time cruiser wants Coke.

petro772

Love all the posts on CC! It has give us a wealth of information preparing for our cruise in July on the Ecstasy! My DW, DD and myself will be cruising for the first time! I've read so many threads I can't remember if this has been covered: Can you take a large, insulated mug up to the bar and have them fill it with Coke, or are you stuck with the small, plastic cups? Thanks!

The soda's are sold by the can (can't remember the exact price)

We always bring a 6k with us and then when we get to a port buy another 6pk. Carnival will allow you to bring water & soda on board just not in large quanities.

Thanks. We were thinking of getting the soft drink cards. Are these still an option?

Thanks. We were thinking of getting the soft drink cards. Are these still an option?

Does anyone know the answer to her other question? If they buy the drink card, will they let you bring a huge mug and fill it up??

They sold Carnival insulated large cups with lids where you bought the soft drink card upon embarkation (lido deck) last week on the Triumph. I don't see why they wouldn't fill up your own cup if you brought it. I bought the Carnival one so I can use it at home and pretend....:o

Does anyone know the answer to her other question? If they buy the drink card, will they let you bring a huge mug and fill it up??

I've never seen it done. They will usually only give you a glass of coke or fill the Coke tumbler sold on board. Most won't even give you the whole can. Just make several trips. :D

Although I've never bought a Coke on a cruise (I always bring my own), most of the posters here say it's ONLY a small glass they give you each time, if you have the soda card.

Like Brenda said, and I've heard also, they don't give you the entire can they pour it from...only one small glass at a time.;)

As my wife and I drink Pepsi, we have a small bag (with wheels) and we take 2 12 pks of pepsi and 1 case of bottle water on board with us. We the bag to take everything she brough during the criuse off the ship!:)

Do they give you the whole can if you are buying it without the soda card?

Also, does anyone know if there is Diet Coke with Lime onboard?

You can buy a can. As of earlier this month, it's $1.75 [not including the 15% tip....which brings the cost to just over $2]. I've never seen Diet Coke w/Lime sold aboard CCL ships

Thanks for the inputs, everyone. We'll bring some on board, probably for the evenings, and get the drink card for daytime indulgence! We will also try the large mugs--Carnival ones may work--to see if they'll fill them up. It won't spoil our cruise, though, one way or the other!

They will only give you one small glass at a time. No exceptions. You can also purchase bottled coke for $2.50 a bottle at the bars. If you are purchasing it without a soda card, they will ask you if you want a bottle or can.

If you buy the drink coupons through Bon Voyage, you get four soda coupons which can be used at any bar or at dinner (which is through the bar anyway) and it includes gratuity. I think it's 6.75 for the four pack of drink coupons. You get the can this way.

While on the Fantasy this past week, I used my fountain card (the soda card has a name) at dinner and the barwaiter left the can at the table for us each time "for our convenience." The fountain card cannot be used for room service and neither can the drink coupons, as I found out. But you can use either at the bars around the ship. Also, the drink coupons and, supposedly, the fountain card, can be used at the bars on Half Moon Cay since technically Half Moon Cay is an extension of the ship while you are there. Might want to double-check about the fountain card, but I was able to use the drink coupons while waiting for the tender to arrive to take us back to the Fantasy.

Undrhil

Archived