Stuart Cove's snorkel review...GREAT!!

Calgon

Hi just got back home yesterday and the s.c. snorkel in Nassau was one of the most exciting adventures of my life!!We wasted money on wet suits..they were hard to free dive in and the water felt great! We took the off quickly. so, 2 wet suits 20.00 wasted. do purchase fish food those who did had a lot of fish near them. I also rented a camera there 8 mp. it was well worth 50.00 for the pics i got and they burn them on a disk for you. doing again i would have paid the 10.00 for extra flash though. it did rain on our trip. sharks were amazing. on came up at me at my fault i was moving my hand to get a pic, keep ur hands still! he came straight at me to about 6 ft awat and turned i was so scared! grat once in a lifetime event though. if you do not do this adventure and want to you will regret it. the staff were all very friendly too!ask any q's! enjoy!!

Hi, this is the trip my DH wants to do in Nassau. We will be on the Sensation. Were you able to do the morning trip or had to do the afternoon trip. We are supposed to arrive in Nassau at 7:00 am, but we all know that is not a guarantee. I would prefer to do the morning, & have the rest of the day at our leisure.

Is a waterproof disposable camera good enough for pictures or do we need to rent one of theirs?

Thanks!!!

Scubagirrl....

Thanks for your info on the shark feed time. Now we really need to decide what we want to do.

Thanks for all your input & help to us...It is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

hi again. i looked at their web site and called and booked with my cc. they snail mailed my tickets, they can also email them. i was advised to do the afternoon trip just in case. did some looking b4 trip, pirates museum was great. di shops b4 b/c they closed early. outside vendors were still open though. it was awesome trip!! like 30 6-8ft sharks below us. just keep ur hands still and on the rope. have not developed my disp. cam pics yet but i love pics so i opted to rent one. remember u need a credit card to deposit to rent one! it was rainy and not too bright so disp. has no flash in that case def. rent one i did not pay 10.00 xtra for strobe but would if i did it again!any more q's?

How much travel time getting back to the cruise ships does this take? Our boat leaves at 3pm. It says we leave back for the cruise ships at 1 and 1:50. Is that calling it close? I'd like to plan to be back by 2pm to leave some extra time just in case since this is not booked through Carnival. We are going on the Carnival Fantasy Julyy 22nd. Any one do this trip on that cruise?

Thanks. I was wondering how many people here did the shark stop on this. It says it is optional. So, are our chances slim to nill? or do most get to do this part of the trip?

Thanks. I was wondering how many people here did the shark stop on this. It says it is optional. So, are our chances slim to nill? or do most get to do this part of the trip?

MOST days they do the shark stop.. and it's of course, it's Optional to get out of the boat and into the water. The Shark Swim is only done in the afternoon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We got back a few weeks ago and did the morning snorkel tour and we did the sharks after the two reef stops. It was the most exciting snorkel tour I've ever been on. Top rate in all ways and the guide was very funny and entertaining! He had the ladies with nailpolish on their toes thinking that they were going to be attacked by the "caribbean pirahnas"! Of course, after a minute he let them know he was joking around.

I highly recommend this excursion.

We just returned from the snorkeling/shark swim excursion. It was wonderful. The snorkeling was beautiful and getting in the water with sharks was awesome. You don’t really swim with the sharks – but rather hold onto a line in the water with the sharks swimming below. After the shark swim, once we are all in the boat - they feed the sharks . It is a sight to watch.

Those who prefer not to get in the water can stay on the boat

Marci

I did this trip last year when we were on the Zuiderdam. We got into port later than the afternoon trip departs so they do an additional trip for HAL passengers. Same excursion, about $20 more! But absolutely one of the best excursions I have been on.

You MUST wear fins otherwise they will not let you in. The water line another poster mentioned is very important. The current is especially strong. And if you don't hold on, you might have a bit of a struggle to get back to the boat! Especially when you have a camera in your other hand. They should put knots in the line at intervals to make it easier to hold onto. I tended to slip down the line quite a bit.

After you get back on board, they throw the bait inand the sharks go nuts. I saw them actually jump other one another to get the food.

These sharks are not predators. They are caribbean reef sharks but although not tame, will not attack. At least this is what the excursion operators tell you.

Excellent time.

(I tried to post some pics to this post but it wouldn't go, sorry)

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from the snorkeling/shark swim excursion. It was wonderful. The snorkeling was beautiful and getting in the water with sharks was awesome. You don’t really swim with the sharks – but rather hold onto a line in the water with the sharks swimming below. After the shark swim, once we are all in the boat - they feed the sharks . It is a sight to watch.

Those who prefer not to get in the water can stay on the boat

Marci

Exactly and after all left the water, they fed the sharks so they came to the surface and we saw about 20 sharks...It was awesome...

• 1 month later...

It sounds like this is a fabulous tour that we'd also love to do. The afternoon trip said its buses leave at 5p and 5:50pm and that it takes about 45 minutes to get back to the cruise ship dock. Our ship leaves at 7pm so we're a little nervous about timing.

What have been your experiences as far as timing on the return? Have you arrived back at the time they said? Any advice?

Thanks for your help, once again!!!

JAK

Archived