What to do in Seattle day we disembark?

brown9340

My husband and I and my in-laws will be disembarking from the Oosterdam on July 15th. We will have about 8 pieces of luggage in tow but our flight home doesn't leave until 3 pm from Sea-tac. We did not purchase air from HAL and are flying United. We will be spending one day before the cruise renting a car and seeing Mount Saint Helen's and staying there for the night then departing for the cruise the next morning.

My question is should we:

1. put our luggage in storage at pier 30 and sightsee in Seattle.

2. go directly to the airport and check in early and stay there

3. go directly to the airport and check our luggage in and then sightsee

Thanks in advance.

How bout...

4) Drop the luggage at the hotel where you stayed before you left (tip the bell attendant heavily for this favor), take the morning to walk around Seattle and enjoy a leisurely lunch, then back to the hotel to pick up luggage and taxi to the Airport.

There are no facilities to hold luggage at the pier, and Seatac is too far out of the way to go just to drop luggage

I just learned this today from Middle-aged Mom. There is a concierge service at Terminal 30 that provides luggage storage for approx. $3 per bag. Check the Seattle pier website to see all the services they offer. It sounds great.

GN

Mariner thanks a lot for you suggestion! I don't feel like visiting the jail in Seattle and even if I did they might arrest me for bringing him alcohol.

Bepsf we will not be staying in Seattle or around Sea-tac before the cruise. I reserved a bed & breakfast by Mount St. Helen's in Morton, WA. The morning of the cruise we will be driving after breakfast back to drop off our rental car and board the Oosterdam.

Grannynurse I did see that thread about the luggage storage at Pier 30 from and I also found a thread about luggage storage at Sea-tac. Thanks.

Brown,

HAL has a 3-hour Seattle tour that will pick up you and your bags from the pier and drop you off with bags at Sea-Tac. The tour covers the high points, including Pike Street Market and the Space Needle.

Seattle Tours, a local company does this also. We took that tour on the day we set sail earlier this month and really enjoyed it. There were several folks on it with us who had just disembarked their ships and were killing time until their flights.

HAL has a couple of other disembarkation excursions including a Boeing museum tour, but you may be flying out too early to do them.

I would not opt for any of the choices in your original post and especially wouldn't wait it out at the airport. We did that for a 1:30 PM flight and it seemed like forever.

Anyhow, have fun whatever you do.

Investigator,

How did you know what time to arrange for your tour if if wasn't from HAL? Last time we went on HAL I had no idea what time we would be off the ship. If you do go thru HAL do they let you off earlier so you have time for the tour?

Did you actually get to go to the top of the Space Needle or just drive past it? My father-in-law might be interested in going to the top.

Thanks!

Brown,

HAL promotes its Seattle excursions onboard and has a flighttime cutoff, i.e. the general tour was good for those with flights after 1:30 PM or so and the Boeing tour good for persons with flights after about 3:30 PM. I'm pretty sure they had early disemarkation for those with HAL excursions.

We went on our Seattle tour before we embarked with the outfit linked below.

http://www.seattlecitytours.com/sct.html

You might to check with them. There were disembarked persons on our tour who went straight to the airport, but I don't think they got off at the Space Needle with us.

Seattle City Tours was great, but the safest bet is probably HAL to ensure your bags and you get off the ship and to Sea-Tac on-time. My guess is HAL uses Gray Line since they own it now, I think. I'm not sure about whether you can actually go into the Space Needle or not with HAL.

Archived